This Page

has been moved to new address

Where O Where Did All the Library Books Go?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): Where O Where Did All the Library Books Go?

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Friday, August 3, 2007

Where O Where Did All the Library Books Go?

Have you ever said that to yourself? I used to be such a disorganized mommy and have library books strewn all over the house! Before the days of the internet, I would scurry around...no actually more like rip roar around, trying to find those darned books to get to the library before it closed. I paid so many fees in those days!

Then came the advent of the internet and the ability to renew, renew, renew until you couldn't anymore...and THEN you raced around trying to find the booksyet again. Of course, that is only if your library had upgraded to that level of sophistication. If yours hadn't...you were still SOL to begin with.

I finally decided to get a big sturdy picnic-type basket...you know, the kind of basket that your grandma used to have...the kind they really did carry picnic lunches in back in the old days. Put it in a conspicuous place, such as by the front door (just nowhere where it can be tripped over). We have such a large landing on our stairs, that ours lives right there in the corner.

When the kids come laden down with books from their latest foray to the library, the books IMMEDIATELY go into the basket. We can each take ONE out at a time. When we are done with that book, it gets exchanged for another book. I also tell my kids that the only other place a library book can rest in this house is by their bedside...this has the added benefit of encouraging reading and more practice reading and also rounds out a nice bedtime routine.

Read more decluttering articles at Declutter It's "Organize Your Life" Carnival #12!
So, how about giving it a try? Do you have an idea you'd like to share?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home