This Page

has been moved to new address

Maximize Your Errand Running

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): Maximize Your Errand Running

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Friday, October 12, 2007

Maximize Your Errand Running

I have an aunt who puts an enormous amount of miles on her vehicle by taking multiple trips throughout the day to run her errands...back and forth, back and forth. Not only are you wasting your time if you do this, but you are also throwing away gas money and putting extra wear and tear on your car.

Have a plan and this won't be you. Every evening, sit down and go over your "to do" list for tomorrow and the next few days too while you are sitting there. Use a small day planner that will fit in your purse and check over this week's errands and tasks before you leave the house in the mornings.

I typically have to run errands in three different directions. I try to group all errands in one area together and just drive a loop, or a loop as best I can with the streets that are available! If I don't have to do an errand tomorrow, and it is not in the area I am planning on going that day, I will plan that errand on another day when I am in that area. Plan ahead, and you will never waste time or money again.

How do you keep from wasting your time?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do the same thing with grouping my errands. My errand running is confined to the weekends b/c of working during the week but every Friday night or Saturday morning, I strategize with a big list where I need to go, what I need to get and then determine the most efficient way of handling everything. Gas is too expensive and time is too precious to waste with multiple trips everywhere.

Great tip!

October 17, 2007 at 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home