This Page

has been moved to new address

Manners Anyone?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): Manners Anyone?

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Manners Anyone?



When did most people stop saying "please", "thank-you" and "excuse me"? I had quite an unpleasant visit to the supermarket up here in Chicago yesterday.

I thought people had more manners than that! I was bumped into the bananas by a lady talking to herself...well, she was wearing a Bluetooth. And in the pet food aisle, I had to sidestep an older lady who came barreling through on her little scooter. Her cane, which was inconveniently jutting out, raked a whole row of Friskies into a young lady trying to decide on canned versus dry food. It caught her completely by surprise. Not a word was said by the offender.

Those were just two incidents still sticking to my frontal lobe this morning. Not once did anyone make a remark as they jockeyed for position in that place! Is this a new trend or just a fluke? Is it city living or have I been out in the country too long?

When I get home, I just better make sure I keep on top of my boys. I gotta believe I raised 'em better than that.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What gets me too, is in that 2nd situation, people don't want to say anything because the person is "handicapped". Please! They are still people and should use basic manners. I'll usually make an audible comment (sometimes Ouch! does the trick)

October 3, 2007 at 6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home