This Page

has been moved to new address

Being Inducted Into the Somewhat Big Boys' Club

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): Being Inducted Into the Somewhat Big Boys' Club

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Being Inducted Into the Somewhat Big Boys' Club

Even though my hubby is a Lieutenant Colonel now, in social circles, we were always able to fly under the radar. We are not social butterflies, although my husband does like his beer and does like being around people...where I could easily drop either of those. I am an introvert and my idea of a good time is curling up on the couch with a good book. Well, the Christmas cards have rolled in. It was nice to read and see photos of some of our old friends and their children. Like many military couples who've been through countless duty station moves, our only contact with old friends is through our Christmas mail. As I started to sort through the incoming cards, I noticed a card from a former Brigade Commander of my husband, who is now a General. The next day, another one came? And then another. Huh?

That's when it dawned on me. My husband has just crossed a bridge only a small percentage are allowed to cross every year. I am guessing because he will be a battalion commander, he somehow ended up on a few movers and shakers' Christmas card lists this year. Oh woe is me! I was already stressing a bit about the upcoming duty station and my responsibilities as his wife. Now, this has just clinched it for me! I guess there is no turning back now....better sit back and take some of my own advice.

Have you ever been thrust w-a-y out of your comfort zone? What did you do to deal with it? Looking back, was it as big a deal as you originally thought? Maybe you were a civilian who was thrown into the military life when you married a soldier? Or maybe when your husband got promoted, some of your friends stopped talking to you? How did you handle it?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger KLM said...

I'm in your zone right now. ;)

March 10, 2008 at 11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home