This Page

has been moved to new address

Camouflage Your Voice

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): Camouflage Your Voice

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Camouflage Your Voice

Last week, I heard from a military spouse who was interested in giving spouses an anonymous voice and outlet for their feelings and thoughts. She feels so strongly about this and has already started up a new website.

Join Kasey (her pen name) and other spouses...you included, share what is on their minds. The beauty of this....is that no one knows it's you. Sometimes we just need an outlet to get things off our chest and maybe by reading what others have written, we can gain more insight into ourselves.

Here are some examples of small blurbs already posted at Camouflage Voices:


* I tell everyone I run into that my husband is a soldier, it couldn't make me more proud. - Carrie Ann

* Sometimes I fall asleep crying, wishing he were back at home where he belongs. - Amy

* My FRG is ran by a bunch of wives trying to wear their husbands rank. - Sarah M.

* My kids think their mom is like Wonder Woman. She can do it all. - Mark S.


* I think what you are doing is fantastic. Its about time we have a source to turn to so we can finally be heard.

* Sometimes our voices as spouses of lower enlisted aren't as loud as higher are. I think it's important to continue to be there and support the group no matter what. Eventually we will all go up in rank and make any organization better with our experience. Make it better than it was for you, for that other lower enlisted spouse. Make them feel welcome no matter their spouses rank. We are all spouses, bound together by the same cause. Harvey's Wife


Please be sure to stop by and add some of your own! While you are thinking about it, I am always looking for guest writers here at this site. Maybe you don't have time to blog yourself, or you don't want to maintain one. If you feel strongly about something and would like to be heard, please do contact me at this site. Even if you have something light hearted to say, please consider writing about it. Again, any thoughts or messages you'd like to pass on to other military spouses, can have a home at "Life Lesssons of a Military Wife".

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am a singer/songwriter and when my husband first deployed back in may i felt so sad and lonely...now i have made it a point to focus solely on the music (in order to stay strong and productive) and do not miss him at all ( as this would make me feel weak). i wonder how our relationship will work when he gets back because i intend to continue my sporadic late night writing sessions and possible tour.

January 8, 2010 at 12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home