This Page

has been moved to new address

Skinny Songs for Skinny-Wanna-Be Butts?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): Skinny Songs for Skinny-Wanna-Be Butts?

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Skinny Songs for Skinny-Wanna-Be Butts?

I recently got a CD in the mail for review. It's called Skinny Songs, and the lady who put this CD together, is a weight loss survivor herself. She says that there isn't a lot of motivational music out there, huh? And that is why she came up with this music CD. My impressions?

Well, it looks professionally enough put together. I think it's a bit strange that none of the artists are listed for any of the ten songs on the CD, as they are truly very talented and have great singing voices. I think the founder and lyricist of Skinny Songs, Heidi Roizen wrote all the songs and then had other people do the singing and producing.

Now I must say, the songs are very upbeat and do lend themselves to those songs you like to sing to. I can imagine doing a workout or even cleaning the house, keeping up with the beat. The songs range from country to hip-hop, and there is probably a music genre for everyone in here. What kind of rubbed me the wrong way though, was the annoying lyrics. Some sound just plain silly. You can read some of the lyrics here. Also, if you are sensitive in nature, this is not for you, cause Heidi doesn't beat around the bush of what makes you fat and keeps you there. I had to rewind a few times, thinking I heard something off-kilter...yep, sure did.

Be sure to listen to some music samples and you can also read about Heidi Roizen and her journey. I do like her t-shirts that say "objects in mirror will get thinner than they now appear". The full CD is a bit pricey at $14.99. I can find A-lister artists at much lower prices, and their stuff won Grammy Awards. I don't think she should be charging so much, especially if she doesn't even care to put the artists' names on the label. But, this Heidi must have friends in high places, as she did show up on Martha Stewart at one time. Not everyone gets there I suppose. So, if you need some inspiration and want to check out a little something different, be sure to have a listen.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home