This Page

has been moved to new address

More Blogs of Military Wives

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): More Blogs of Military Wives

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

More Blogs of Military Wives

A few months ago, I posted links to a variety of military spouse blogs. I wondered if there were any more good military spouse blogs out there I might've missed. Bingo...I've found some more for you to visit.

More military spouse blogs:


Tales of a Lonely Army Wife No More. Join Allie and her two little ones and of course her Army husband. Allie was prior service Army and she posts about daily life, now that she's reunited again with her husband who was deployed. Lots of nice photos of the young family and I gotta love her list of "things that annoy me" cause they annoy me too!


Life as a Military Wife. This blog is by a military wife who loves all things French. Her husband is going through Physician's Assistant school and this blog has kept her sane. Read about her love of chocolates and all things Spring. She also has two little ones.


My Crazy Amazing Military Life. Join eight Navy wives, at least I think they are all Navy, as they blog about daily life. Read about having to take the kids to a gyn appt, and how you can only do something like this in the military. You can also keep up on the latest military (mostly Navy) news.


Dimes to Dollars. This is a great personal finance blog written by a Navy wife. Follow her personal finance tenants and get control of your finances. Read about her money challenges, which are your money challenges too as a military wife.


The Life of a Wife. Daily musings of a military wife whose husband just finished two tours in Iraq.


The Life and Times of a Butterfly Wife. This lady is just getting started. Get on over there and encourage her!


Tootie's Place. Come see what Tootie is up to with heartwarming, funny stories of her everyday life. Tootie is also one of our guest authors here at Life Lessons!


Money for Military. Okay, so as far as I can see, this is not a military wife blog, but a good read from a military guy who posts about all things money that touch the military.


Navy Wife Talk Radio. So this isn't a blog either, but a weekly radio show on all things that a Navy wife might find interesting. They have interesting guests and also answer a lot of their listeners' questions on the air.


Army Wife Talk Radio. Now you know I can't leave out the Army here! Also lots of great guests, listener questions answered and timely advice for Army wives. You can also stay current on all the latest news and events that affect you, your husband and your kids. I like that they run a chat roon at the same time they do the show, so you can call in or chat. They also like to give out prizes and would love to have more listeners. Why don't you go check it out? Even if you can't make it for their show, you can download past shows and listen to them on your computer or mp3 player. Same goes for Navy Wife Talk Radio.


Household 6. Tammy Munson is one of the founder's of Army Wife Talk Radio. Be sure to go see what she is blogging about!


A Little Gratitude - the Online Musings of Yet Another Army Wife. Another military wife just getting started. Stop by for a visit!


Blissful Life of a SAHM and Military Wife. Read about the antics of an Air Force wife and her two little boys. The boys are definitely adorable.


The MacDonald Clan. Linda is a regular commentator on your site. I somehow missed her the first time around..sorry Linda! Read about her Monday Memory where she reminisces about moving day! Yikes!


ArmyWives.com. Not a blog but a forum with lots of posts from new wives, to seasoned wives to overseas wives and everything in between. Lots of helpful tips and resources. Get comfort, ideas and ask your questions.


On a sad note, and I hesitate to post this, because it is just so God awful...just awful. I personally can't even wrap my head around this, especially in light of all the support groups and friends that most military wives have...and even if they don't, there is mental health counseling and the unit supposedly keeping track of wives of deployed soldiers? I know as a company commander's wife, I regularly visited wives, stopped by dropping off goodies and just generally tried to keep everyone in the loop. Even the ones who didn't want to be a part of things, they still wanted to keep informed, and that's how I checked up on them...bringing a package of extra diapers and things...anything to get over to see them and their kids....uhhggghhh...anyway, here is the article about the young wife at Ft Leonard Wood whose baby died of starvation while her husband was deployed. I'm thinking that she must have had some kind of mental deficiency...this is just NOT normal behavior.

And to end this post on a positive note, I am so glad to see so many wives out here blogging and connecting with other wives and spouses. If I've missed anyone...it wasn't on purpose...I just didn't find you yet! Please post your blog below!

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

*raises hand and waves*

You missed me!

My blog is not primarily about being a military wife, though I do blog about it from time to time....

that article...that is JUST SAD.

But I have a question...what did the 14 year old DO about ANY of this? Yeah, she called the police, but how could she ignore the condition her 2 year old brother was in....much less the baby? Did she just IGNORE it all? I realize that it is pinning a lot of responsibility on the shoulders of a teen, but she should have sought help earlier.

The mom....she sounds like she had some SERIOUS mental issues...deep depression comes to mind...this is just SO sad.

March 18, 2008 at 10:47 PM  
Blogger J said...

Hiya! I'm a SAHM and Army wife, too. I have a blog that is not ALL about the Army, but since we are going through our second deployment, it has it's fair share.

Thanks for giving us all a voice and putting us out there!!

March 19, 2008 at 12:05 AM  
Blogger Battleship Bettie - Proud Navy Wife said...

I had heard from neighbors when we moved into Norfolk Navy housing that there was a girl who starved her baby to death only a couple months before we moved in. I tried to locate it on the Hampton Roads newspaper site but never could.

March 19, 2008 at 9:24 PM  
Blogger ****Veteran Military Wife at Life Lessons of a Military Wife**** said...

Linda,

You can see where I added you above (don't tell anyone)! How in the world did I skip your blog??!!! Shaking my head in shame....

March 19, 2008 at 10:17 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

I DID see that, lol! Don't worry, you're forgiven ;-)

If you think my Memory Monday move was a "yikes" moment, I'll have to share the horrid memory of my PCS to Germany....ouch. But that's a long time coming...believe me!

March 20, 2008 at 3:48 PM  
Blogger ****Veteran Military Wife at Life Lessons of a Military Wife**** said...

Linda,

Now you know I'm going to almost beg you to share your Germany story considering we are about to go thru the a move over there too:-))

March 20, 2008 at 4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there! This is Marie, co-host of Navy Wife Radio and co- creator of the blog, My Military Life! I just wanted to say thanks for the kind words and listing us on your blog! We are "mostly" Navy only for the moment. We have a coast guard wife and a former AD Marine blogging. WE are currently looking for an Army, Air Force, MArine, and Surface Navy wife to join our "Family". Any one interested in writing can apply on our site, www.mymilitarylife.wordpress.com or email me at marie@navywiferadio.com

Thanks again for the kind words and we look forward to growing bigger and having something for everyone very soon. Our radio program will also be growing with wives from all branches as well. Keep in touch!!
Warm Regards,
Marie
www.navywiferadio.com
www.mymilitarylife.wordpress.com

March 20, 2008 at 9:02 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

I may just make that my memory monday, then.....

Oh, wait...apparently I DID blog about it, back in the day....

http://fifenhorn.blogspot.com/2005/07/move.html

and fyi - after you've read this...the Euro is now MUCH higher....and we didn't end up getting our HHG (both shipments) till the end of September...3 days apart.

But don't worry...we carry a black cloud with us, so bad things always happen ONLY to us!

March 21, 2008 at 9:02 PM  
Blogger TJ said...

i know this is SO late, but thank you for putting me on your blog! i had no idea until today. a friend reads your blog and told me about it. i admit, mine is a combination of everything going on in my life, but there is a lot of military stuff to it. and i've been to germany and it wasn't that bad. i think we got lucky with really good packers. and when we moved back, i gave our german movers microwave popcorn and lots of leftover WIC peanut butter. rather do that than buy them beer.

April 27, 2008 at 6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a Coast Guard wife. And I have a blog that is somewhat about our life as a Coast Guard family!

September 22, 2008 at 7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home