This Page

has been moved to new address

Just a glimpse into the life.....

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): Just a glimpse into the life.....

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Just a glimpse into the life.....

I just finished a book I never would've chosen to read in my life.  Every once in awhile, I like to walk through my library's "new book" section....just to see what the library gods at my local library have ordered for our latest reading pleasure.  I neglected to mention that I DO like to read books that either detail an out-of-the-ordinary profession or activity....it just has to be something that I don't personally do or am familiar with.  Well, boy did I pick up something unusual this time around!

I can probably count on two...maybe three hands how many bars I've been to, in my life!  I know, I guess I am not as worldly as I want people to think I am.  Even while I was in Venice recently, I looked IN the window of the famous Harry's Bar and had my son pose in front of that window....but never went inside.  And to make things worse, if anyone in my extended family brings up anything about bars, I can already see my husband getting a smile on his face to yet again, share that awful story of what happened on a beach trip to Italy back when we were lieutenants...when I was introduced to some frothy peach...stuff...for lack of a better description.  The worst  is, I can't even remember, so I cannot deny or confirm anything he says....I can just be careful that he doesn't add anything every time he tells it...he is so fond of that story and relishes it every time (embelish...relish...)!

So, the latest book I grabbed is called Behind Bars by Ty Wenzel.  It's basically the story of a female bartender in New York City.....wow....I had no idea humans can be so transparent, funny, stupid or (insert your own adjective here)....AND that there is a real ritual that gets followed "at the bar"...and just the little stories she shares....kinda makes me feel thankful for what I have.  She also describes what happens to people of all walks of life and everything in between, when they feel.....lonely and forgotten.  How sad life can be for some people.  I also did not know how much money is to be made in bartending if you go with the right hotspot!  Second wow!  I guess you have to figure out  if your body and mind can take the abuse before you cash out from what Ty writes.  Read it...it's interesting....yes, it has some profanity and some other things you may not be comfortable with....her constant lighting up got on my nerves...who still smokes in bed?.....but it is eye-opening and interesting, and that's enough to get me reading something.

Do you have any similar book recommendations?  I'd love to hear about other books that detail a life that is so unlike my own!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home