This Page

has been moved to new address

New tire regulations for Germany (important)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): New tire regulations for Germany (important)

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

New tire regulations for Germany (important)

I know that Americans used to debate whether it was required by law or not to have winter or all weather tires in Germany when the weather warrants it.  Well, now it has officially become law to the point of a police officer being able to stop your vehicle if you do not have winter or all weather tires and fining you and putting points on your license.  Also....

in addition to this 40 euros you'll pay, if you cause any kind of accident, you'll pay another 40 euros plus most likely be held at fault and be responsible for damages which could of course run into the hundreds or thousands.

So, ADAC Motorwelt, the ADAC monthly magazine, is recommending you put winter or all weather tires on your vehicle from October to Easter (Oktober bis Ostern, O to O to make it easy for Germans to remember).  Do remember that there are also other options for tire purchases in Germany besides the economy (very expensive) and the PX (expensive).  My favorite is Tirerack.com (good prices) where I recently purchased my all-weather tires, arriving here in just under a week.  Be sure to get it done before the mad rush at the local repair shop!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home