This Page

has been moved to new address

Life Lessons of a Military Wife Carnival #8

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): Life Lessons of a Military Wife Carnival #8

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Life Lessons of a Military Wife Carnival #8

Welcome to the 8th Edition of Life Lessons of a Military Wife Carnival! We'll celebrate with a big party, everyone's invited and all the food and entertainment is on me! I wish...April Fool's!...wouldn't it be so nice to have an excuse for a party? Ah well...not this time around. Instead, let me present some of the great articles that were sent in. Thanks to all for taking the time to share your thoughts and opinions this month.


Daily Life

I know exactly what this mom is talking about. It is kind of a limbo situation.

Patricia presents Daddy’s Finally Gone posted at Stay at Home Mom & Military Wife.

Financial

Those sneaky retailers. Here they go yet again!

Wenchypoo presents Inflation—Here We Go Again posted at Wisdom From Wenchypoo's Mental Wastebasket.

General

Okay, so this blog is supposed to be for military spouses, so what do you need this next entry for? I'm including it because it gives some interesting insight on using compliments. I would say you can also use this for other situations when you want to impress - don't overuse compliments and don't use them too early in the game.

PublicFlirt presents Improve your success in dating and relationships. posted at FeedBulletin for: financialbullet, saying, "How to use compliments with women to improve your success in dating and relationships."

This next post is a reminder that we are in charge of our own life and health, and that there are some things we can do...that are not too hard...to keep the cholesterol monster at bay.

Life. Money. Development. presents Diet Tips for Preventing High Cholesterol Levels posted at Life. Money. Development., saying, "A neat collection of diet tips for keeping cholesterol in recommended levels."

Evil Eye beads! Rock on! I remember these things from my youth. They used to be all the rage back in the 1980s when I was living overseas. What a way to ward off those evil spirits!

CRYSTAL HOUSE presents Evil eye bead.............protect yourself!!!!!!!!!!!! posted at CRYSTAL....expressing feelings in craft.

Now I have absolutely seen everything...I just can't believe it. But, the author does say you can do one of these teddy bear tours yourself, and this could be a neat hobby for a photography buff or maybe your budding kid photographers. I can also imagine taking a sick child's precious stuffed animal and photographing it doing something that child loves or really wants to do.

poetloverrebelspy presents ITB Impressions: Send Your Teddy Bear on Vacation posted at Less Than a Shoestring, saying, "In this post, read about a fun idea for making travel more accessible for children: a group travel agency for stuffed animals in Berlin. In the post, I outline ways in which you can adapt this project; this may be useful for children dealing with the family or a parent being stationed abroad."

Now this is an interesting idea. I wonder if it would actually work?

Christine presents Military Budget Solution posted at EverydayDisasters, saying, "There are probably holes galore in the concept, but I thought you'd like to talk about it. (If you have any inetrest in checking out my other posts, filter out the 5th grade homework by clicking on uncatergorized on the right - or how to hire a maid - I hope you & your readers enjoy. & much as I hate the war, thank you very, very, very much for your sacrifices. A democarcy can't survive if the military is voting on which battles it fights."

This post brings back memories! I see some real creativity here.

Harrison presents Top 15 Creative and Romantic ways to Pop the Question to Your Sweetheart posted at Bridal Party Tees, saying, "Ladies, I know you remember your big engagement proposal. Take a look at this list of the top 15 ways to get engaged and pick and choose your favorites."

Is your spouse thinking of retiring? Be sure to check out all the resources below...I see a lot of new ones I didn't know about before.

Sabine Pyrchalla presents Military Retirement « U.S. Army PCS posted at U.S. Army PCS, saying, "I think for many Military Families, Retirement is both anticipated and feared, due to the unknown and the change of lifestyle associated with leaving the Military. I know we're slowly getting there - so I thought this compilation of links would be helpful."



That concludes this edition. Submit your blog article to the next edition of Life Lessons of a Military Wife using our carnival submission form. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Sabine Pyrchalla said...

Thanks for having me! :-)

Have a great day.
Sabine

April 3, 2008 at 11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting collection. Thanks for including me. Good Luck!

April 5, 2008 at 3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home