This Page

has been moved to new address

Monday Mayhem

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): Monday Mayhem

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Monday, October 29, 2007

Monday Mayhem


Oh, it's going to be another one of those days. I guess I shouldn't be surprised..it's Monday. One of my sons walked out the door without his lunch, and the other one forgot his project. Now I have to make a quick run to the school before I get to the gym to run all my other errands. Not to mention, it's back to the school later for an afternoon dental appointment for both of them. What a day...already! I am reminded about a little story a friend once printed out for me. I still have it in my desk, and thought I would share it....what if I didn't do what I am supposed to do today?

Here's the story:

One day a man comes home from work to find total mayhem at
home. The kids were outside still in their pajamas playing in the
mud and muck. There were empty food boxes and wrappers all
around. As he proceeded into the house, he found an even
bigger mess--dishes on the counter, dog food spilled on the floor,
a broken glass under the table, and a small pile of sand by the
back door. The family room was strewn with toys and various
items of clothing, and a lamp had been knocked over.

He headed up the stairs, stepping over toys, to look for his wife.
He was becoming worried that she may be ill, or that something
had happened to her. He found her in the bedroom, still in
bed with her pajamas on, reading a book. She looked up at him,
smiled, and asked how his day went. He looked at her bewildered
and asked "What happened here today?"

She again smiled and answered, "You know everyday when you
come home from work and ask me what I did today?"

"Yes", was his reply."

She answered, "Well, today I didn't do it!"
Hope your Monday is better than mine! What do you do to get a handle on your Mondays?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i always loved this story. Someone shared it with me when I had my hands full with my baby and toddler. Thank you for the reminder.

November 5, 2007 at 3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home