This Page

has been moved to new address

Store Things Together that Work Together

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): Store Things Together that Work Together

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Monday, November 12, 2007

Store Things Together that Work Together

Sounds simple doesn't it? Then why do you walk the length of your kitchen, more than once, when you make your coffee in the morning? Do you go get your filter, then get the water, then back again and oops..where's the coffee. What if you could do all this standing in one spot?

I think you've already gotten my drift. Let's use coffee making as an example since I already mentioned it. How about putting the coffee maker near the sink, so you can get your water quickly. Store your filters, coffee and mugs in the cabinet above? Hogwash you say or perhaps no big deal? Okay, so you save only one minute a day doing this which translates into, let's see... six hours a year! Hmmm...it IS a big deal.

Along those lines, you can do this with any activity in your house. Put all your baking stuff together. Keep your bowls, whisks, rolling pins and measuring cups in one area. What about keeping pots and pans near the stove? If I had a higher end kitchen, I would surely put one of those faucets over my stove. Have you see those things? Anyway, I'm digressing again.

Go right now...or when you get a chance...stand in each room in your house, and think of the things you do in that room. Or sit down and think about what you do on a daily basis. Write it down. If you are walking all over a room or God fobid, the entire house...then you need to rethink how you do your thing! Take the time to streamline your life, and you'll thank yourself for it.

I think you've gotten the idea, and we can move on. What do you do to streamline your efforts at home? Be sure to read Streamline your Kitchen if you haven't already.

What do you do to streamline your daily life?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home