This Page

has been moved to new address

New Year's Resolutions in Reality

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): New Year's Resolutions in Reality

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Resolutions in Reality

Here we go again...New Year's resolutions. Along with sending out New Year's Greetings instead of Christmas ones this year, I decided I was going to continue that trend with my New Year's resolutions. My resolutions this year....is that I won't have any resolutions. Yes, that's my resolution. I refuse to beat myself up over these things, so this year, I specifically won't have any. That doesn't mean I won't have any goals. You gotta have goals...they just won't be called resolutions...and I don't have to get them done by the end of this year either. If you do decide to take the plunge and write up some resolutions, keep these thoughts in mind:

  • Be realistic. If you are 50 lbs overweight or dream of being an astronaut, make sure your goals are attainable in a year...or else you are just setting yourself up for failure and a blow to your self esteem.
  • Think outside the box and be specific. Let's not hear the usual "lose weight", "be a better person" or "stop drinking myself into a stupor". These are all noble goals but require more than a resolution. They require a plan and a LIFESTYLE CHANGE. If you are not willing to change your lifestyle, then you are just wasting paper writing this stuff down. Let's hear about more specific goals you can really wrap your arms around...or sink your teeth into...such as "take a college course in x" or "finish a 15km run" or "volunteer at my church doing x".
Got some ideas now that are fresh and exciting? Okay, then go for it! Care to share?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Tracy Brady said...

Hi! I liked your blog. I'm going to be blogging on a similar topic if you'd like to check it out:

http://mmebrady.blogspot.com

I will be linking to your blog as well.

January 1, 2008 at 4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I threw out the resolutions too. Only goals this year for me.

January 5, 2008 at 8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home