This Page

has been moved to new address

Quizzle - No Straight A's for Me!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): Quizzle - No Straight A's for Me!

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Quizzle - No Straight A's for Me!

If you haven't heard already, Quicken Loans has a new site out there called Quizzle. It's a site that will give you your entire financial snapshot, to include a free credit score by Experian. You don't give out your your social security number, just your name, birthday and your address. Here's how it panned out for me.

After inputting the data, verifying your email and answering a few questions about things only you would know from your credit record (at least hopefully), you are presented with a snapshot of your finances. They give you a number and letter grade for your credit, home value, budget, mortgage and rainy day fund. I got an A in credit but a big fat D for our home value...go figure in today's market....especially here in Florida.

You can read more about other bloggers thoughts on Quizzle below.

Quizzle Blog

EquiDash Blog

What's the Diff?

Banker Girl

Net Banker


I went ahead and used a disposable email address...just in case they decide to bombard me with offers. They keep saying there is no catch on the site. Quizzle has even been featured in the Wall Street Journal twice to supposedly high reviews. I'm assuming that they will send you mortgage offers, if you have good credit and if you have some equity or wiggle room in your mortgage...of course my equity was as low as you can get....zero, null, nada...guess I'm not going to be getting any offers. I'm crying over it already.

I did check out the budget tool. Nice little gadget where you can go in and add your expenses and debt. It's worth a look. The home valuation tool uses the automated valuation model (AVM), which a lot of people aren't very thrilled over. I think I've gotten a more accurate valuation over at Zillow. For example, here on Quizzle, they aren't taking into account home sales of homes with pools or no pools (we purchased our home without a pool and added it later). We are just being compared by square footage and number of bedrooms it seems (none of the other homes had large lots or pools). So I'll take Quizzle's value with a little grain of salt.

All in all, a neat site to get a quick fix of your situation and worth a visit. Have you tried Quizzle yet? Your thoughts and opinions?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting! Thanks for the tip. Those sites do make me nervous though. Like you...I'm always looking for the catch.

May 16, 2008 at 3:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post! I work on Quizzle and can assure you that you won't get bombarded with spam. We will offer up mortgage recommendations when we can, but we'll show you them inside of the tool. There really isn't a catch here... ultimately we think we've built a cool website and will continue to add to it, and if down the line you need a mortgage, our hope is that you'll consider us at Quicken Loans. That's it!

And great point about the AVM. We're actually talking with some potential partners right now to improve this piece of this tool, because you're right, we need the ability to allow homeowners to change details, add improvements and then adjust the home value estimate. This piece is in our top 3 things to improve in the upcoming weeks. So keep an eye out for new home value features soon!

May 16, 2008 at 8:31 PM  
Blogger ****Veteran Military Wife at Life Lessons of a Military Wife**** said...

Read this article and other money stories at the 60th Carnival of Money Stories

http://www.collegeofcash.com/carnival-of-money-stories-60/

May 20, 2008 at 3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home