This Page

has been moved to new address

NikkiFitness is Kickin' My Butt Workout DVD

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): NikkiFitness is Kickin' My Butt Workout DVD

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Friday, May 9, 2008

NikkiFitness is Kickin' My Butt Workout DVD

Don't tell anyone, but I haven't gone to the YMCA in a week...my excuse is that I haven't been feeling well, and I've been just so busy getting ready to move...at least that sounds legitimate...but who am I fooling? I am sorely out of shape...could probably stand to lose 10...no, even 15 pounds around here. I'm also going to use the excuse that I'm a military wife and most times, we have to run the household by ourselves...we can't count on anyone else because of our husband's schedules...not to mention if we have little ones either crying or crawling around, getting the breakfast dishes cleaned up can be a feat. I admit, I absolutely love our YMCA when I get the chance to go...but what about those times I don't feel like being around people or I just can't squeeze in the time to get there...what if I want to get moving in a skimpy workout outfit...as motivation I say...but not enough to stand in front of a crowd in that get-up.....or what about when we move and there is no YMCA? What options are out there? I recently did a workout video from my library...boy, was it boring...I don't believe how people can stomach that stuff for longer than a few minutes. Obviously, I can say I was prejudiced before popping in the Military Wife Workout, but since I like to say I have an open mind....I was pleasantly surprised.


After literally dripping in sweat after the 30 minutes..which actually breezed by faster than I thought...I reflected on what makes this video different...the good and the bad...

  • Since the info is at the bottom of the screen, once you get familiar with the types of exercises, you can do this workout to any kind of music...that's different.
  • I wanted to rest between sets...no rest...this is interval training at its purest...the only way you are going to melt that fat off as quickly as possibe the experts say. I'm sure once I get the hang of it and get in better shape, it won't be such a daunting task, and I'll be able to follow along better to boot.
  • You do need a set of weights if you're not a beginner, so you have to plan for that. On the flipside, that is how you can make this DVD more challenging...add more weight.
  • Speaking of beginners, it's easy to get behind and confused because the DVD does move quickly along from one exercise to the next exercise, but that is the nature of interval training.
  • When I first started the DVD, I thought there was a thunderstorm brewing...turns out it was just the wind...it was a bit distracting at first, but once I got into it, I didn't hear it anymore. Note to technical staff...get that wind sound out of there...it would sound more professional and less "home video-ish" without it..the birds chirping are okay.
All in all, this is a good workout and not another rehash of what's already out there. It is priced a bit high when you look at the competition though of different workout videos. I think the creator would make more overall in the long run if she lowered the price to $12.99. But that is just nitpicking and my opinion. If the $19.99 is the difference between you sitting around on your duff and working out, then by all means, it's worth it to you. The creator also has a website at Nikki Fitness and is also a fitness commentator on Military.com, so this is not just a fleeting project for her. She seems to be genuinely interested in helping military wives get a workout that truly works.

Has anyone here tried this particular workout? Any other DVDs out there that are worth doing? Your thoughts on getting in shape and working out in general?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Marine Wife said...

I know Airforcewife over at SpouseBuzz.com has been using it. And I just got it for Mother's Day (the only thing I asked for!). I'm looking forward to trying it out this week.

May 12, 2008 at 5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home