This Page

has been moved to new address

No More Dirty or Burnt Up Grills

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): No More Dirty or Burnt Up Grills

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Friday, May 2, 2008

No More Dirty or Burnt Up Grills

Spring is synonymous with barbecuing. I envy people who can barbecue just about any cut of meat. My repertoire is limited to burgers and ribs...I haven't learned yet to do anything else, but something that all of us grillers have to deal with is cleaning the grill. Who likes to do that? Yes, I know, you keep the flame going and burn the stuff off, but eventually, you're going to have a grease and gunk build-up that you need to get rid of. Tell that to my husband who actually MELTED DOWN our grill, thinking he could just turn off the flame, close the hood and "let it burn itself out" while he and his buddies jack-jawed about their latest military exploits...well, while they were otherwise distracted, the grill burned itself out alright, after melting down most of the grill and the knobs. God must've been watching over us that day by not allowing the propane tank to explode and do some serious damage to the house, not to mention us! But, I digress...here's the easiest way to clean your grill.

  • Remove grate and put it in a large heavy-duty plastic bag. Spray it down with oven cleaner. Close bag with twist tie and let it sit overnight.
  • Put on rubber gloves, open bag, remove grate, rub down grate, and hose it down.
  • The next time you use your grill, spray it with oil before turning on the heating element or heating coals.
  • Get rid of burnt up charcoal ashes by dumping BBQ over a spread-out newspaper. Roll up paper and throw away. Make sure coals are burned out or you'll start a fire.
  • If you've got a propane grill, be sure to empty the grease catcher every so often.
  • Keep a cover on your grill to keep out dirt and pollen and to keep it looking new as long as you can.
What do you do to keep your grill clean?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Windy said...

great tip...will try this SOON!

May 2, 2008 at 5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great ideas. Thank you for submitting this to my first blog carnival.

Rosemary
http://her-home-blog.com/2008/05/her-home-blog-carnival-edition-1/

May 14, 2008 at 12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home