This Page

has been moved to new address

Make Your Own Car Collision Kit

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): Make Your Own Car Collision Kit

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Make Your Own Car Collision Kit

I recently had a friend get in a car accident. Luckily, it was just a fender bender, but ever the Boy Scout, he was prepared. He told me if he hadn't had this little kit put together, he would've been lost. Getting in an accident does that to you, he said...you kind of are in shock and don't think clearly. As long as you remember you have this kit in your car, you're good to go.

USAA and most insurers make it easy with at least supplying you with an accident report form. Be sure to print off two copies and put them in your glovebox. This form also tells you, step by step, what to do in an accident, to include calling the police and getting contact information from any witnesses, as well as trading insurance information with the other driver. One quick blurb I also want to throw out there, on the advice of my friend...even if you are at fault...never, never admit guilt. Let the police look at the facts and make their own determination. He was actually at fault, but since the other driver quickly took responsibility...you can guess what the police had to say.

I'm not exactly a rocket scientist, so get an idea of what you need to get together by looking at this. Also add these vital pieces to your kit:

  • A few pre-printed cards with your insurance company name and phone number, along with your name on it. You'll want to give one to the other driver, as well as any witnesses. Don't put your phone number or your address on there if you can help it. I don't know...I have visions of stalkers and people getting on your case when things don't go their way.
  • A cheap disposable camera with a flash. Document what you can after the accident...and before you have to move your vehicle out of the way of traffic. You want to be able to show exactly what happened, as well as document the exact damage. In a pinch, don't forget your camera phone. Many cell phones do have them.
Have you ever been in an accident? What did you do and how did you handle it?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home