This Page

has been moved to new address

I Can't Imagine Being this Lazy....BUT....

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): I Can't Imagine Being this Lazy....BUT....

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I Can't Imagine Being this Lazy....BUT....

I really can't imagine being this lazy....I dream about it sometimes, but....I just can't make myself do it....at least at this point in my life. What am I talking about?

It's having someone else do the work....your work...when it's someone's birthday, or a holiday or any other special event. Yeah, I know our lives get busy, busy....mine too...and somehow, I always pull it out of nowhere to recognize that special someone with something I think they would treasure...or at least I think they would like. I used to let my life get in the way and gasp.....I actually forgot someone's birthday once....it was embarrassing, and I will truly never forget it. So, now I signed up with Amazon's free gift service. I put in everyone's birthday and all the other holidays and get an email reminder a few weeks out....just enough time to get a card or gift out in the mail....and not necessarily from Amazon. Then I get another reminder the day of the event, so I can call. I'm on email twice a day, so this works out perfect for me. I've also used Memo To Me in the past with good success.

But should I ever get lazy...or just overwhelmed, in addition to gift baskets you can send out from a variety of websites, I like these other options too:

  • Jacquie Lawson personalized cards. I finally broke down and got a subscription to a full year's worth of personalized interactive cards....many hilarious, cute and thoughtful. These are not your run-of-the-mill e-greeting cards. Be sure to check them out.
  • Fairy Tale Memories Deployed Designs. These ladies must be master scrapbookers. They will personalize cards for you....using a variety of materials, stamps and ideas...to make it look like it came from you....actually....better than you! I like that you can sign up for their subscription service and have all your holidays and birthdays taken care of for the entire year. I bet you need deep pockets for that particular option....but it is a fleeting thought. Maybe when my husband becomes President, and I have a list that spans twenty pages....that would be a viable option.
Anyway, I know I am making fun of this, but I just wanted you to know that it IS okay to farm out making someone feel special and happy on their birthday or another holiday, when the stress of doing it yourself is making your life miserable. It IS the thought that counts, and if you take at least a few minutes on that special day to call that special someone, then you have at least my seal of approval for whatever that's worth!

What do you do to keep track of those special events and to celebrate those special days?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like you to visit our artistic ecard site, www.ojolie.com. Ojolie.com offers a growing selection of animated, artistic ecards with tasteful music. Incorporating hand-painted elements, the characters take on a life of their own to delight with music, dance and animation for something truly unique. The cards are good alternative to those from Jacquie Lawson.

December 17, 2008 at 7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home