This Page

has been moved to new address

Quality or Quantity?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): Quality or Quantity?

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Quality or Quantity?

I see the new year is upon us! Yes, I am about a week behind the rest of you. I am at a crossroads with my beloved blog. I just received a promotion at work to a full time mangerial position....yes, my wonderful part-time job, with just the right number of hours and on the most coveted days...is now not mine anymore! I guess this is bittersweet for me. On the one hand, I have eased myself back into the world of full time work. On the other side, my days of deciding what I want to do (on my time off) are now gone. That brings me back to my blog.

Since I don't have all the extra time I had before, my time is now limited in coming up with new ideas and writing blogposts. I absolutely love blogging and writing, so have decided to post only when I have something interesting or valuable...or at least in my eyes....to say. Please continue to email and ask questions and of course post your comments. I still get about thirty or so emails a day...mostly from new Army wives. I hope to continue to help where I can.....my main purpose in even blogging in the first place. And for those of you who do blog every day AND work full time, I would obviously love to know your secret!

So, adieu readers for today. Continue to stay strong in the new year. Take a look back and see why I don't do new years resolutions if you need something thoughtful to get you going today. Happy and wonderful 2009 to you all!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck with your full time job!! We'll miss your daily bog, you've always got great ideas and food for thought. Thanks and best wishes!!

January 6, 2009 at 5:57 PM  
Blogger tootie said...

Congrats on your new job! Enjoy it, and we'll see you around the blog when you're able.

January 7, 2009 at 2:44 PM  
Blogger Bon said...

Happy 2009 and I hope the new job is good to you. Congrats on making your way back into the work world. I hope to do the same this year. Post when you can, I too enjoy the ideas and information you always have.

January 8, 2009 at 9:03 PM  
Blogger ****Veteran Military Wife at Life Lessons of a Military Wife**** said...

I miss blogging, and I need to find a way to make it work. I think once I stop drinking from the firehose of my new job (it has LOTS of moving parts...to explain it simply), I'll be back.

Thank you for the kind words! If you know of any similar blogs to mine, please let me know...perhaps I can visit there in the meantime. I too love to read about new ideas and new ways of looking at old ideas:-))

January 9, 2009 at 8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blog or not to blog, that's a question. I run several blogs for my Toronto real estate business, so it's part of my work, on the other hand, sometimes I feel bounded by the topics. But I love writing too and it's really great to have a job where you can use this skill!
Take care and good luck in job
Elli

February 22, 2009 at 11:52 PM  
Blogger Jerry said...

I hope the new position isn't too much of a fire hose, and that you enjoy it. Being a military spouse, you don't need to worry about taking such a job for insurance or other benefits, so you can make decisions like this one based on what you want to do... that's pretty freeing. At one time, circumstances conspired to lead my wife had to stay in a job she hated just for the benefits, and it was terrible. Good luck with everything!
Jerry
www.leads4insurance.com

April 10, 2009 at 3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home