This Page

has been moved to new address

Perceived Guy Gifts

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): Perceived Guy Gifts

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Perceived Guy Gifts

I think that most of us are beyond the tie and sock gifts....or the powertools and such...but with some "guy birthdays" approaching in my extended family, I thought I'd better run through some ideas.  Hopefully, some guy on here will see them and advise me on any perceived corrections.  And then I will perceive as to whether I will change my mind or what.

Here are the types of things I am giving the once over:


  • Music giftcards.  Do most guys buy music or do they listen to what you are listening to?










  • Fleece is always good, and I like that I can find it on sale most of the time just about anywhere.








  • Camelbacks for the active guy who likes to hike or run...but only the real thing or else he'll look like a poser...ditto if he doesn't do a lot of physical activity.








  • Books....all my guys read military history books...the gist is to get them one they haven't read yet.  My husband also likes to drink beer, and when I got him this large book (that just came out last year), he thought he had died and gone to heaven!  I told him he can take the star stickers and put a sticker on each pages/beer that he's tried:-) He just gave me a blank stare and drank another beer on the list.  Guess I've been working at the school a wee bit too long now. 





  • Sports massage....all guys want it I think (cause all girls do), but we don't want to buy it for ourselves...or at least I don't....I feel like I am being vain if I do it for myself (cause it's not like I'm some Olympic-level athlete or anything)....but maybe a guy feels different?





  • Sport jerseys...but, you do have to know their favorite sport, team and size...that's a lot to try to figure out, but I see guys over here wearing soccer jerseys and of course in the US, you'd be hard pressed to find a guy without a basketball, hockey or football jersey!  Again, don't get the fake or non-authentic stuff.




  • And no....no cigars...I don't like to promote things that are bad for your health, although I thought the guy smoking the cigar did look pretty sexy...ah well.  Do you have any ideas you are willing to share?

    Labels:

    7 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    My guy is happy with just beer! A few six-packs and I'm done!

    February 10, 2011 at 7:35 AM  
    Blogger moore2cl said...

    I got my guy his Valentine present on www.PersonalizationMall.com
    They have really good prices on some different types of gifts for men and the quality is actually really really nice!

    February 10, 2011 at 10:12 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Gadgets.

    Any guy likes something with flashing lights and cool sounds. Have you ever seen http://www.iWantOneOfThose.com ?

    February 10, 2011 at 7:02 PM  
    Anonymous Jeff said...

    How about a nice homecooked meal with all the fixings and what comes afterwards? That is my favorite gift!

    February 10, 2011 at 8:05 PM  
    Anonymous pinkcombatboots said...

    How about a movie, if there is one you know they would like. Or if it's the husband, perhaps a special date out somewhere he's been dying to go?

    February 10, 2011 at 9:26 PM  
    Anonymous susanna said...

    If you are talking 'guy gift' as in husband - I think a lot of guys appreciate a gift of personal wife attention ;-)
    Believe it or not, my father in law went all ga-ga over a box of gourmet bratwursts we ordered for him for Christmas.
    Grandfathers' have liked novelty toys...yup, ie. a coin counter.

    February 12, 2011 at 2:54 AM  
    Blogger MooAtU2 said...

    I got my husband a package of beef jerky. We normally don't buy it because it's a bit pricey for what you get, so I figured it was a nice gift. He was so happy. Ahhh, simple pleasures :-)

    February 13, 2011 at 9:07 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home