This Page

has been moved to new address

How to I get to Brussels South (Charleroi) Airport for my Ryanair flight?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): How to I get to Brussels South (Charleroi) Airport for my Ryanair flight?

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

How to I get to Brussels South (Charleroi) Airport for my Ryanair flight?

Many Ryanair Discount flights and a few vacation charter jets leave through Charleroi Airport...which the airline industry calls "Brussels South".  I had to laugh at that...makes it sound like it's just around the corner when in actuality it's about 30 minutes South of Brussels.  It is also 30 minutes East of Mons, which makes it in the middle of nowhere.  So other than driving and paying about 60 euros for a 5 day stay in their outside parking lot, what other choices are there?

My first recommendation is going to be scratch your back if you scratch mine.  Many of us take each other to the airport.  I let people park by my house (hey, I'm not going to go get you in the middle of the night, which is mostly when Ryanair flights leave....so late evening or early morning)....and I'll take them on over...and then go get them again.  I can have someone do that for me too...and watch our cat...nice.

But, if you don't want to deal with the hassle of that or driving yourself...and you don't have a large family that would make it cost prohibitive, cause they charge by the person mostly, then try the service below.

Charleroi Transfers

Unfortunately, there are no train stops at Charleroi Airport...wish there were...you still have to take a city bus from downtown (so that's another alternative).

Do you know of any others?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're leaving from Brussels centre, there is a bus that leaves from Gare Du Midi (South Station) which can be convenient.

I also read about a proposed rail link to the airport that was supposed to be completed by 2013 but the article was a few years' old and its possible that the project was shelved in the mean time.

March 3, 2011 at 8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering too why there was no rail. I guess it must be a money issue like everything else around here.

March 4, 2011 at 8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home