This Page

has been moved to new address

You'd be surprised who qualifies for WIC overseas

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): You'd be surprised who qualifies for WIC overseas

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

You'd be surprised who qualifies for WIC overseas

I say this not to draw attention to yourself or some other reason....nope...I knew a WIC nurse in Germany who gave me a few minutes of enlightening.  She told me to send as many ladies as I could to her, who were pregnant, had recently given birth or had young children.  I was our unit's FRG representative, so of course, I knew many mommies out there.  She dangled that carrot and told me I'd be surprised who qualifies for the WIC benefits overseas....hmmmmm.....

So, she told me that she even had some officers' wives able to take advantage of the program.  Free food and free money for food among other things.  Apparently, the program has different requirements overseas than stateside.  Perhaps there is a bigger bucket of money for us here?  And this is not just for military and military spouses...DOD contractors and civilian employees can also take advantage of the program.

Well...what are you waiting for?  Make an appointment TODAY with your local WIC nurse at your post or base overseas.  If you can't find your WIC nurse, be sure to check Army Community Service (ACS) or whatever office provides community services at your base.  Be sure to let me know how it goes.  If you hear of any other programs out there that people may not know about, please post it here!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its totally true! Alot of my friends of all ranks get WIC and what the WIC nurse told them is that its funded differently then the WIC program in the states.

March 20, 2011 at 5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spoke with the nurse at Incirlik and she told me that mothers that plan to breastfeed are highly encouraged to see her. Since there is not a LeLeche League in most countries if any and many programs in the states are not offered overseas. So if you are in need of guidance and support do call and find out what the WIC in your area does have to offer

March 22, 2011 at 3:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home