This Page

has been moved to new address

Lifetips #1 - Making Your Daily Life Easier

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): Lifetips #1 - Making Your Daily Life Easier

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Lifetips #1 - Making Your Daily Life Easier


Have you ever wondered what you could do to make your daily life just a little bit easier...or maybe a whole lot simpler? I'm no household expert, but through the years, I have picked up quite a few little tips and tricks that DO make my own life easier. I thought I would share a few, and if you have any favorites of your own, please consider sharing.

Here are some of my favorites:

  • No more hair all over the bathroom floor - Every time I brushed my long hair, I would have hair all over the bathroom floor; I finally solved it by standing in the shower or bathtub and brushing my hair; now I just swipe it up in one pass and it's gone
  • Never hunt for your keys again - Don't remember where you put your keys again? I have a basket on the table by the front door for keys and other little items; if you don't have a table, you can get nice inexpensive hooks at any of the local stores; for those things that don't have loops to hang up with, get a shallow bag or basket with handles and use that to temporarily store items
  • Never be late again rushing out the door - Have your outfit laid out BEFORE you go to bed (kids too) and put the breakfast dishes and cereal on the table the night before; also have backpacks, purses and other items you regularly need by the door (I use a big basket)
  • Don't waste time sorting laundry - Have one laundry bin for darks and another for lights; the kids have two bins in their bathroom; my husband and I have two laundry bags in a frame in our closet; it's just a matter of grabbing all of one color when each bin is full and doing the laundry
  • Do not save laundry for the weekend or one day - Laundry will be much less of a headache if you do a few loads every day or every few days (when you have a full load); I like to do ours first thing in the morning (if I'm home) or in the evenings right after dinner if I've been out all day
  • Don't buy expensive food storage containers - You're going to laugh, but somehow I figured out how to use those shower caps my husband brings home from his business trip; these things fit over anything from a platter to a small bowl and you can even rinse them out and re-use them; along those lines of junk brought home from trips, I collect those small shampoo and toiletry bottles and donate them to a local shelter
  • Don't forget a birthday or important holiday every again - Since I am online almost every day, I thought I would send myself email reminders before these important dates; right now, I am using Amazon Special Occasion Reminders; I've also used Memo To Me
Again, if you have any tips of your own, please consider sharing them!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Sunryse said...

Hi, found your blog though Google. Great tips. I need all the help I can get.

I also thought I'd pass on some of mine. I'm the mother of 6 so I've learned a trick or two myself.

We're now down to four at home but I still rely on coupons to grocery shop. One problem I had was sorting the coupons into catagories. Was it a snack food or a frozen food. Do frozen vegetables go under fruit and veggie or frozen? Is ice cream dairy?

Then having to always go through all those sections weekly or monthly to remove outdated coupons was impossible, and it took me forever because I had to look through old to find the current.

Finally I labeled the dividers by the month, and I just sort them by the date. At the end of the month I grab the previous month and toss.

It now takes me minutes in the store because I'm always up to date.

August 22, 2007 at 3:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home