This Page

has been moved to new address

Websites for Freaky Friday

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): Websites for Freaky Friday

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Friday, August 24, 2007

Websites for Freaky Friday


I thought I would post some of the fun websites I like to visit. It's Friday and time to let loose, so have a little bit of fun!

Go ahead and sit back and peruse some of these sites. Be sure to add some of your own favorites below!


Just Snipe - Don't sit around waiting for the end of an eBay auction. Put in your maximum price and this utility will snipe in the last few auction seconds so that YOU get the goods and not the other gal. I like this site, because it's free (for a limited # of snipes).

How Much Will My CD Be Worth At Maturity? - This handy calculator figures out the numbers for you after calculating fees, rates and taxes on any CD you may be looking at...kind of a bummer, but hey, you need to know the truth!

Samuri Appliance Repair Man - This guy is a trip! He is so funny! He has even walked me through repairing my old stove a few years ago...for FREE. His articles and forums are archived, so chances are, you'll find the answers you need when it comes to your appliances.

You Are My Friend - An interesting way to tell someone you are thinking about them. I still remember when someone sent this to me when I was down...a nice alternative to e-cards!

Test Drive Your Dream Job - If you ever wanted to try out another job or career, this is the place to do it. This also makes a perfect gift for your hubby...try finding something close in your hometown to cut down on the cost...you can be anything from a beer brewer to a horse trainer and everything in between.

Retro Junk - I Remember That! - Remember all those old Saturday morning cartoons and commercials from your youth? How about your favorite old movies? You can actually watch them here...brings back fond memories.

The Dollar Stretcher - Lots of useful articles and even an email list with tips and tricks for stretching your money. This is well worth a visit.

dMarie Time Capsule - See the highlights of whatever day in history. This makes a fun little thing to add to a birthday gift. Just roll it up and tie it with a pretty ribbon to the top of your package.

Jacquie Lawson's Animated Card Site - You probably remember Jacquie's animated Christmas cards, where you click on parts of the card and follow along with the story...well, she has much more than Christmas cards...see the St Patrick's Day one...my kids roll on the floor laughing after seeing that one.

MSN Gas Prices - Before I fill up the tank, I find the nearest station with the cheapest gas...I've seen all my local places listed here, except for Walmart and Sam's.

Armed Forces Vacation Club - Discounted stays at resorts and timeshares. I realize the Caribbean ones are kind of pricey by the time you add up airfare and the cost of amenities (which you pay extra for), but I have friends who stayed in lodges up in the Rocky Mountains and loved the cheap rates...give it a try.

Do you have any to add?


Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog. Just wanted to add one more site - it's another site to find cheap gas prices, nationwide. It's called GasBuddy and the link follows:
http://www.gasbuddy.com/

Have a great day,
Sabine Pyrchalla
www.usarmypcs.com

November 15, 2007 at 2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home