This Page

has been moved to new address

An Elusive Travel Website for Military - Big Savings!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): An Elusive Travel Website for Military - Big Savings!

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

An Elusive Travel Website for Military - Big Savings!

As many of you know, I have a relative, Arno, who works for one of the airlines. He has been to every continent on our green earth and is pretty close to visiting four or five dozen countries by now. He manages to get around. I guess that's one of the perks you deal with when you have passengers screaming at you and lost luggage and flights that don't want to leave on time. Speaking of perks...

He did tell me about one site that caters to airline employees. They get discounts on travel packages, hotels, rental cars...every time I turn around, he is telling me of a new place that gives him a discount...including Amazon.com and some other shopping sites....hey....what about the rest of us?

I was pleasantly surprised the other day, when he told me about a site that gives huge discounts to travel industry personnel AND those in the military. Of course I checked it out right away. A 7 day cruise in Tahiti for around $500 per person? Was that a misprint? Apparently...no. The discounts are deep. So, before planning your next vacation, be sure to check it out at:

Perx - Airline Employee Discount Travel (and military too)

If anyone does decide to book through them for the next vacation, please do let me know! There is one other site that I hear military folks talking about...but mostly, I see timeshare deals...which in some cases don't turn out to be deals when you read the fine print about meals..and then figure in your airfare. But, I did have a friend who rented a cabin in Rocky Mountain National Park through the site, and she said it was a steal. If you know of any other military specific sites, please do share:-))

Armed Forces Vacation Club

And for our wounded warriors and their families, a group of folks in Florida are offering up their beach homes...for free. And now it looks like a property management company in Orlando is doing the same.

Beach Homes for the Brave- Palm Islanf, FL

Vacation Homes for the Brave - Orlando

Be sure to bookmark these sites and pass on the word!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger ****Veteran Military Wife at Life Lessons of a Military Wife**** said...

Wow, I can't get over the cruise deals on that Perx site! My hubby and I just booked a cruise for our 15th wedding anniversary in Hawaii and we didn't get near those savings! I'm jealous!

January 19, 2008 at 2:13 AM  
Blogger Lemon Stand said...

Those links were so impressive, I had to pass them on. Thank you again for all your blog does for military families.

January 20, 2008 at 9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home