This Page

has been moved to new address

That Different Kind of Thank -You Card

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): That Different Kind of Thank -You Card

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Monday, September 15, 2008

That Different Kind of Thank -You Card

I just read a great blog article on being creative on writing thank you cards. For those of you who know me, you know that I am pretty much fanatical on how important the writing of thank-you cards can be. Our eldest just had a birthday, and as every year, he racks his brain trying to think of a way to thank those who thought of him that year. We always live far away from family, so that means any greetings always have to travel through the mail. The boy knows, without question, that he must acknowledge those gifts, so might as well make it fun. He's been dragging his feet this year, til I gave him this idea.

How about using one of those Word Search Puzzle Makers? Use their little form and come up with all the words you can think of concerning your gifts and the people who sent them. He even got creative and threw in some German words...par for the course being over here I would say. At the top he wrote "Thank you for all the birthday gifts" and "these are my thoughts as I think of my gifts!", then the word search...and he chose to have the words printed at the bottom. You can also have them printed separately...perhaps put them inside the card and put the puzzle on the cover. The whole image printed off 8-1/2" x 11" size. We then shrunk it and pasted it to the front of a half-fold blank greeting card. Now all he has to do is sign the inside, address the envelopes, and mom will mail them off for him tomorrow:-))

Now that your creative brain is working, do you have any other thank you card ideas to share?


Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Marine Wife said...

While in Korea, I started making my own cards using photos I'd taken. Sometimes, they were pictures of things or places we'd seen, other times, I'd use pictures of the kids, especially for cards to the grandparents. Blank cards are available at craft stores. I'd use double-sided tape as an adhesive, write a title or caption under the photo. Adding a signature under the photo also adds a professional touch.

September 15, 2008 at 7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home