This Page

has been moved to new address

Heartbroken and Alone

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): Heartbroken and Alone

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Monday, December 1, 2008

Heartbroken and Alone

Wow did this podcast have me thinking. I never really thought of it before...on the one hand, you have the freedom and self-indulgence of living alone...it kind of reminds me of my MIL. That's why she said she'd never remarry. She wants to be on her own schedule and doing her own thing...and if she doesn't want to cook, or if she changes her mind, or wants to change the TV channel, she can. But on the other side...there are some terribly lonely things I never thought of before...and it was just heartbreaking to hear. Like the lady whose life stood still after her husband died in WWII. Like the old lady who died...all alone...and had a perfect stranger rifling through her house, looking for clues to find the next of kin. Or how about the young boy whose mother was taken to the hospital, while he hid in the closet...and then lived alone for three months.

Please listen to this particular podcast of This American Life. I started listening to this podcast when I heard they were doing such a good job of explaining this financial and economic crisis in everyday layman terms. Now, I'm kind of hooked, 'cause the subjects are very interesting...like this one.

Take a listen and tell me what you think...I never realized that people this happens to are in the many millions worldwide...I'm going to hug my babies a bit tighter tonight...too bad hubby isn't home, or I'd hug him too.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home