This Page

has been moved to new address

Paternity Leave for Army Daddies?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): Paternity Leave for Army Daddies?

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Paternity Leave for Army Daddies?

Wow...I wonder what got that ball rolling...and who the many people are who probably spent years fighting for this. The Navy and Marine Corps now provide 10 days of paternity leave. It looks like this may also become a new Department of Defense policy sooner rather than later.

Here's what we've got so far:

Navy Introduces Paternity Leave Policy to Sailors

Paternity Leave Policy in Effect

Well done!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

My husband has always granted leave to his soldiers, and most often, even though he had them fill out a leave form, would give them back their form after the leave was over, saying "just between us"....because that's what HIS commander did for us with our first daughter.

I'm glad the military's stepping up for this!

November 25, 2008 at 9:55 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

I did a little happy dance when I heard about this last week, being a Navy wife and all!! I will being having a c-section with our next baby and am looking forward to the extra help, he only took two days off with our first.

November 26, 2008 at 7:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband is in the reserves, and we've been married for just over 2.5 years now and are expecting our first child soon. His unit has received orders for a mobilization (within the US). They're going to be leaving a little under a month before my due date.

I'm really glad that we have this option. It's kind-of scary looking at our first child's birth and realizing that during the first year, he won't be able to see our baby very much, as I will be staying back at home.

July 21, 2009 at 6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home