This Page

has been moved to new address

Thank God for Little Black Dresses

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): Thank God for Little Black Dresses

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Friday, December 5, 2008

Thank God for Little Black Dresses

I can't believe this week is getting away from me! I hosted an ornament exchange for the ladies yesterday...which was a lot of fun...then today is my Christmas Party for work, tomorrow is a community coat and tie event and Sunday is our battalion party, Sunday with Santa! I don't think I ever had the beginning of December so jam-packed! And I am just now thinking of what in the world am I going to wear tomorrow? Coat and tie means I have to wear a halfway decent dress! Argghhhh! I haven't even gone shopping...and won't have time either....I have another baby to visit, at a hospital on the other side of town...and a dental appointment today...not to mention when are we going to go get a tree??!!! And what about the centerpiece of I have to somehow come up with between now and the time of our party on Sunday? Why am I doing this to myself?

Well, there is at least one thing I can control and cross off my list right now...what I am going to wear. Thank God for the little black dress. I actually have two of them. One is a very basic A-line dress that I can wear at a funeral or dress up with a necklace or fancy scarf and wear it in the evening. The other is a little more lowcut and out of some kind of silky material...but if I wear that...I'd better wear some extra support hose to "hold it all in". So, in the next hour, I will pick one of those, pick a necklace and earrings and some basic black pumps...and be done with it. Don't you love little black dresses? Which one is your favorite?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I would love to have that dress in the picture. Do you know where it is from?

I recently bought a slinky black top and black/ivory lace skirt to wear for our holiday festivities... Chris' work party (business attire) and our night at the symphony! But that picture would be a much better fit! :-)

December 6, 2008 at 11:38 PM  
Blogger ****Veteran Military Wife at Life Lessons of a Military Wife**** said...

Tava,

I LOVE that dress too! All I can think of is to follow the Flickr link and try to ask the person who posted this pic on Flickr...I was thinking the same thing...

December 7, 2008 at 9:10 AM  
Blogger Gwendolyn said...

I've been on a search for the perfect little black dress for years--usually they're all either too short or too skanky BUT I finally found one I loved at a dept. store that's pretty conservative...dressy but not overdoing it.
Also...for anyone who, like me, is reading all the old posts b/c they just found this awesome blog :), Banana Republic has some great dresses on sale for under $100 and there are a couple of really classy black ones that I'm deciding between.

June 7, 2009 at 7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home