This Page

has been moved to new address

Last Steps Before Heading out the Door on Vacation...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): Last Steps Before Heading out the Door on Vacation...

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Monday, August 3, 2009

Last Steps Before Heading out the Door on Vacation...

Finally, time for a real vacation! We are heading off to Berlin on a week-long glorious vacation! The weather promises to be idyllic and everyone's mood in the family right along with it. I'll be sure to blog about this dynamic city after I get back! Before heading out the door, remember these quick tips.

  • I can't stand to "destroy" a book, even a travel book...just photocopy the pages you will need. This will also cut down on the extra weight you're dragging along. I've stopped buying travel books to an extent and just print some of the great travel pages online.
  • Separate your money..have your partner carry some too...don't carry it all with you in one place. Hide some in your sock, bra or waistband in addition to that...not all in your wallet...I keep most of my money "under wraps" so to speak. I had a friend who just came back from Italy who carried about 15 wallets with notes in Italian inside. It's almost a given that you will be pickpocketed there. He came home with only 9 wallets and never noticed a thing!
  • Call your credit card company ahead of time and let them know you will be out of the country. I've seen people's credit cards get denied..and then they wondered why...credit card fraud departments can be extra vigilant these days.
  • Take a photo of what is in your suitcase...if it gets lost on the airline, they always want to know what's in there..it may help with your claim too (and don't put valuables in there..but you already know that).
  • Make a copy of each traveler's passport and keep the copies separate from the originals. Also have another copy of your travel itinerary and flight information.
Don't forget to check out these tips as well. Any others to add?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a great tip about letting the banks and credit cards know about your trip! I missed one when we moved overseas and it was a hassle trying to lead them to reactivate the card. I appreciate the insurance of security and all that, but it was a pain. Have fun in Berlin!
Jerry
www.leads4insurance.com

October 10, 2009 at 1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home