This Page

has been moved to new address

Supercheap Trainfares are BACK (Germany, Austria & Switzerland)!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): Supercheap Trainfares are BACK (Germany, Austria & Switzerland)!

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Friday, December 3, 2010

Supercheap Trainfares are BACK (Germany, Austria & Switzerland)!

It looks like Lidl Germany is back at it again....supercheap train fares starting or ending in a German city for two adults (kids 14 and under go free, per adult)!  Now is your chance to take that train trip to Vienna or how about skiing in St. Moritz?  Or to see the beautiful Dresdener Frauenkirche (in Dresden of course) that was lovingly and painstakingly rebuilt just recently after its downfall from the fire bombing of Dresden....so many possibilities!  Even if you are not in Germany, you can still take advantage of this deal!  Read below for the scoop.

Go to Lidl Germany's website for the details.  Be sure to use Google Translate to read the fine print, but in summary:

  • For two adults, one way, it costs a 79 euro flat rate (so if you are going back and forth, just double that)
  • Travel must be between 3 Jan and 31 Mar 2011
  • Children up to 14 can travel free, and not just parents but grandparents are covered too; just make sure you annotate them on your ticket
  • You can book these tickets on line through Lidl's website SHORTLY (the link is not up yet) or you can call the phone # on their website
  • You'll also get two seat reservation certificates
Even if you are NOT in Germany, you can still take advantage.  For example, my Benelux readers, how about driving to Cologne (about 2-1/2 hours from SHAPE) and staying a night at the Holiday Inn at the Bonn/Cologne Airport with instant train connections?  They have these special 100 euro Park & Go rooms that allow you free use of their shuttle and the ability to leave your car there while you travel.  Be creative!  Look under my travel links for hotel deals or check this link which I use all the time for my travels.  Be sure to come back soon, as I am working on more European travel deals and advice, as well as a "behind the scenes" interview with a European tourguide.  I might as well pass on what I have learned, considering this may be our last overseas tour for awhile:-(

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous susanna said...

Oh,it sounds so wonderful: Let's go skiing in St.Moritz for the weekend! Wish I could go, especially at those prices.

December 3, 2010 at 5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home