This Page

has been moved to new address

Swapping the kids' clothes

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): Swapping the kids' clothes

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Swapping the kids' clothes

I consider myself blessed that the boys have a cousin who wears designer clothes whose mother regularly sends us a box of goodies. I almost never buy them new clothes except for underwear and socks! But, wouldn't it be great, I thought, if you could connect with others in a safe environment and swap nice kids' clothes with almost no strings attached? Apparently, this idea has already been realized!  I have a guest blog entry today from a mom who started out this site where you can do just that!

Enter....thredUP....

thredUP is where America’s busiest parents exchange boxes of clothes that no longer fit their kids for stylish ones that will. We coordinate swaps among a group of your closest friends AND connect you with thousands of families nationwide and on bases overseas. There’s no bidding, no auctions, no rifling through consignment racks, and no cranky kids to drag all over town. All swaps are done online, with scheduled home pick-up and delivery in CONUS, post office delivery service OCONUS.

Finding reasonably priced new or gently used kids clothes can be impossible when you are focused on more important aspects of your move. In honor of Veteran’s Day this year, we have opened up our domestic kids clothing swap to military families living OCONUS at APO/FPO addresses.

At thredUP, we know that coordinating clothing swaps is hard – especially when your closest friends live all over the world! Getting parents together and getting all the sizes right is always a challenge. Tag sales are a ton of work, often for very little payoff.

So what can I do on thredUP?

Pick. Pay. Prepare and Send.
Pick a box of gently used clothes you’d love to receive for your child.
Pay for shipping.
Prepare and list a box of clothes your child has outgrown.
When someone picks your box, send it free of charge (we even have the Postal Service pick-up the box at your house in CONUS).

We manage the quality control and review process and take care of all the details to make sure you get a quality exchange.

“As a military wife, I'm forever in transition. As a military-wife-mom, I'm forever moving and looking for reasonably priced clothes for my children,” says Sara Gibb, Chief Military Mom and thredUP’s newest executive. “thredUP lets me exchange clothes that no longer fit my kids for great items that will, from anywhere in the country. Not only is it affordable and convenient, but the service allows me to stay connected with friends and family wherever the Navy says I call home.”

Military families can upgrade their FREE basic membership to any level of PRO Membership at a 33% discount. In addition, military families are given at least one additional pick per month (without the need to swap out a box!).

We are open to ALL parents, not only military! Currently over 36,000 members strong, thanks to our 1400+ military families we are also trading on over 140 bases in 11 countries. All families can also swap boxes of gently used toys – happy swapping!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous susanna said...

I've read about Thredup so many times. I think it's a great idea! Totally worth passing on the word!

December 13, 2010 at 9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home