This Page

has been moved to new address

The one and ultimate moving list that supercedes all previous lists

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): The one and ultimate moving list that supercedes all previous lists

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Monday, May 2, 2011

The one and ultimate moving list that supercedes all previous lists

When we moved from Germany to Belgium last summer, I revamped my "to-do" list to make it less stressful.  I think I finally hit the nail on the head and got something together that worked.  My big worry was not did I get something done before the due date, I had my regular pocketbook calendar for that....my bigger worry was, "did I forget something really, really important?".  Here's something that will help you make sure nothing falls through the cracks!

Please see the attachment and adjust what's on there for your own family's needs!  If you'd like to share your own, please click on the "Ask Veteran Military Wife" (on my homepage, middle left column) to send it my way.

Oh, and can you believe I had someone send a virus attachment to me a few weeks ago?  Thankfully, I have software that scans all my email attachments.  Just want to throw that out there....be careful with any email attachments, even from trusted sources and either invest in an email program that scans that stuff OR a stand alone program that does it for you.  Thanks again all for your added content!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Thanks for the to do list! We're PCSing in June and I just can't seem to get organized this time (this will be my 8th move)...I think I'm overwhelmed by all the baby stuff I've never moved before...

May 2, 2011 at 5:41 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

MIL to airport? Don't want to forget that! I'm in heaven with this list. My 1st PCS was to Italy and it was pretty much crazy from beginning to end. I made a Word file of 'never agains' and 'don't forgets' and your list will help so much! Thank you!

May 3, 2011 at 10:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I should buy stock in Ziploc I love all the uses. I hadn't thought of Ziplocs for the junk drawer. Great idea and great list! Backing up computers is SO important, you always remember there is a file on there that you might need quick access too [this should be something you carry with you]

May 4, 2011 at 10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home