This Page

has been moved to new address

Podcast #4 - Newbie Questions about Moving Overseas (5/6/2011)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): Podcast #4 - Newbie Questions about Moving Overseas (5/6/2011)

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Podcast #4 - Newbie Questions about Moving Overseas (5/6/2011)

Okay I have an admission to make.  I am one of those anal retentive people who needs a clean email inbox.  I get a little stressed when I have not "done something" with an email...either read and filed it or answered back.  Somehow, I let the email questions get stacked up...I usually like to answer them as soon as I can...but lately, haven't done a good job of it.  I thought I would use the podcast to answer some.  I unfortunately only got to a few questions before my time was up, but at least now I know how long-winded I am and can only answer a few "on the air"!  Without further delay then.

Please click on Podcat #4.  I tried to answer questions newcomers might have coming over, so there you have it.  Please do continue to send your questions.  I don't always think of things that people might be interested in, and I would love to help.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this! We have a lot in common. Army brat, Air Force vet, AF wife now and an Army mom. Lived in Germany and the son is in Germany now. We hope to get there ourselves.
Looking forward to reading here.
http://seasonedairforce.blogspot.com/
and @mililiferocks on Twitter.
:-)

May 7, 2011 at 5:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Podcast 4??? When did I miss all the other ones? I wish there was a way you could have them all on one place. Trying to figure out how to get them on itunes beofre we move too.

May 7, 2011 at 6:44 AM  
Blogger ****Veteran Military Wife at Life Lessons of a Military Wife**** said...

As you can tell from the jumbled homepage, I am not an html expert! Maybe I should hire someone? I do have all my podcasts on lifelessonsmilitarywife.com until I find a better way to incorporate them here! I believe if you put the RSS field down below into ITunes, it'll pick up the podcasts. I did that with the Zune software to test it out and it picked them up that way. Maybe if you think it's worth it, suggest the podcast to ITunes for their directory?

May 7, 2011 at 12:24 PM  
Blogger Shelby said...

My fiance is in the Air Force. He is stationed in Germany and has been there for going on a year. We're getting married next month. Once I'm on his orders how does the whole moving thing work?? we're extending for another 2 years so i can be "command sponsored" so does this mean they will move my stuff? and how do i know how much/ what i can/cant bring. Also, he hasn't used his one free shipment over seas yet for a vehicle, are we able to ship a vehicle?

May 17, 2011 at 2:54 AM  
Blogger ****Veteran Military Wife at Life Lessons of a Military Wife**** said...

It is my understanding that if the servicemember extends to an accompanied tour length overseas (total of 3 years), he is entitled to bring his family IF he gets command sponsorship from the command...this is just the command basically saying that yes, housing is available and dependents can go there....at government expense. If he has not shipped a car yet, he should be authorized to do that as well. He needs to contact his Transportation Office (or actually the one nearest you) once he gets his orders listing you on there.

To find out your weight allowances, it goes by your DH's rank and marital status. You can find the charts here. http://www.belvoir.army.mil/jppsowa/files/Outbound/WeightAllowance.pdf

Enlisted ranks are E1-E9 (E1 being a Private). The O-1 and up ranks are officers (Second Lieutenant on up). Look at the column PCS w/dependents.

Figure 1,000 lbs. per fully furnished room, 500 lbs. per partially furnished room. The kitchen and bathroom together count as one room.

May 17, 2011 at 7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home