This Page

has been moved to new address

Gratituding

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): Gratituding

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Friday, February 15, 2008

Gratituding

I know that's not a word. I just wanted to grab your attention. Every once in awhile, I do have a "down day". I happen to be having one today. I bet you do too sometimes. How do you get out of that slump? What do you do to pull yourself out of it? How do you get yourself steered back in the right direction..which is back up again? I do this one simple exercise, once a day, to get myself back on track.

Take the time tonight to write down three things that truly made you happy today. Or write down something that left a positive impression on you, whether it was something your kids or husband said or did...something you read or saw...whatever it is, write it down.

You'll soon find you have a nice collection before long. Keep your treasured moments and experiences close like this...because, let's admit it...our brains may be vast depositories of information but if there is no card catalog...we can't always access everything that's in there. When you are feeling down, get out the notebook and read your blessings and things that have made you happy...you can actually count them and re-live them! Re-energize yourself and get back in the positive with this little trick.

What do you do to give yourself that little boost when your chips are down?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

just what i needed today!

February 15, 2008 at 3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do this but I like to write about something that I accomplished that day. Especially when it comes to eating right and working towards my weight loss goal. I think they call this a gratitude journal?

February 15, 2008 at 7:50 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Especially when I had newborns babies, but not so often or much now...before I went to bed, I always gave thanks to God for ONE thing that went well for the day. Whether it was no blow-out diapers, being able to fold a load of laundry...anything. And it set my mind at ease and relaxed me as I went to sleep.

February 15, 2008 at 11:08 PM  
Blogger militarywifeworkout said...

To the author of this blog,
I would like to ask you a question but could not find your email. Mine is nikki@nikkifitness.com
I am a fitness columnist at military.com
Many thanks!

February 16, 2008 at 7:50 PM  
Blogger ****Veteran Military Wife at Life Lessons of a Military Wife**** said...

Nikki, I sent you an email. If you still don't get it, please check my "about me" page for my email...just take out the NO SPAM before sending any email. thanks!

February 18, 2008 at 1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great tip on getting out of a slump. I typically do the same thing in my head by meditating (quiet time) where I just focus on the good things in my life and count my blessings that way. I am typically to lazy to write them down.

February 19, 2008 at 6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home