This Page

has been moved to new address

Do They Even Sell Floppy Disks Anymore?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): Do They Even Sell Floppy Disks Anymore?

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Monday, April 21, 2008

Do They Even Sell Floppy Disks Anymore?

I just had to share this story from our local newspaper. It details some of the once-needed skills we frankly, just don't need anymore. And to think we were ALL doing these things not so long ago...I'm not talking "horse and buggy day things" but things we have all done very recently. Have a good laugh and realize how far we've really come. Let me know what skills you'll never need again.

I was thinking of a few things myself. I don't...

  • Listen to the radio (I listen to XM Satellite and podcasts now, along with what's on my mp3 player).
  • Use my Zipdrive...time to get rid of it.
  • Sweep...with a broom. I'll get out the vacuum cleaner for indoors and the leaf blower for outdoors.
  • Close the hatch on my van with brute force...I've got a button to do that now.
  • Call people like I used to...strictly email now...but I'm sad to admit that..this is not a good thing.
  • Feed the cat everyday...he has one of those huge storage containers and his food just rolls out into the dish like clockwork...I can't bring myself though to get the automatic litter cleaner...that just doesn't "feel" right.
  • Mail in catalog order forms or call to order something. I love catalogs, so of course I order a few things here and there..mostly here...I do it all online now.
  • Fix holes in clothing. I can find clothing so cheap now...I never pay retail...my time is worth more than wasting it sitting and sewing and patching clothes up. Somehow though, I think I'm missing a few important lessons by doing that.
  • Read maps. We have handheld GPSs, plus have that stuff in our cars and not to mention on the computer...instant directions with no need for a thought process.
What things have you realized you just don't do anymore?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home