This Page

has been moved to new address

Ask VMW: How Does My Mom Get Her Part of the Retirement Check Sent to Her?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): Ask VMW: How Does My Mom Get Her Part of the Retirement Check Sent to Her?

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Ask VMW: How Does My Mom Get Her Part of the Retirement Check Sent to Her?

Today we have a reader question that I haven't addressed yet:

My mother and father are in the middle of a divorce. My father was in the army and receives a pension check. My mom was giving her portion of the check to my dad when they were together to help out with bills. Now that they are apart, she has not been getting it. We are in the state of Pennsylvania . Who does she contact to get her portion of the pension check sent to her?

Any retirement pay issues are handled through the Defense Finance and Accounting Service. These are the same guys who cut all our military paychecks in the system. Call the toll-free number below and explain your situation.

Annuity/Annuity New Accounts

Casualty/Retired/New Retired Accounts

Correspondence/Mailing Address:

Defense Finance and Accounting Service US Military Annuitant Pay P.O. Box 7131 London, KY 40742-7131 Toll Free: 1-800-321-1080 Commercial: (216) 522-5955 FAX: 1-800-982-8459

Correspondence/Mailing Address:

Defense Finance and Accounting Service US Military Retirement Pay P.O. Box 7130 London, KY 40742-7130 Toll Free : 1-800-321-1080 Commercial: (216) 522-5955 FAX: 1-800-469-6559














If your spouse is thinking of retiring and would like to know how to get going down that road and how much his retirement pay will be, read the military's Preparing for Retirement.

One nifty little feature is Ask Military Pay with questions from you and answers from them on every kind of military pay related question you can think of...and then when you can't find it, you can ask the question yourself. I found it very informative and easy to navigate.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any portion of the retirement must be ordered by the judge.....up to 50% of the base pay. It's just not given, there are a lot of factors that come into play such as length of marriage and the spouses ability to work.

August 28, 2008 at 8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home