This Page

has been moved to new address

Do You Have a Google Twin?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): Do You Have a Google Twin?

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Do You Have a Google Twin?

I have the distinction of not having one...not a single one....I am the only one in the world with my first and last name if you can believe it! I mean, there are only like 60 (at least living) people in the world with our last name, so it's not a stretch to believe there is no one with my name. So what is a google twin? Just that...someone who shares your first and last name. For some, it has become a real addiction to find and connect with folks with their exact same name. Others look at it as a novelty item...something fun to check out when you have nothing better to do.

Read this article from the NY Times that talks about what all the hype is about, as well as the psychology behind why people even care about their google twins! Wow!

Why do I care about it? Because I am tired of doing a google search for my name and only finding things on myself...which leads me to another tid of advice, don't use your real name online...if you can help it. It can be unsafe in many cases, but mostly, just creepy that someone...if they wanted to...could put together your life story, your dreams, your wants and things that are important to you!

Do you have a google twin?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Kara Kane said...

My google twin is a p-orn star. No joke. Apparently she's well-known in some circles. :/

April 22, 2008 at 2:21 PM  
Blogger James said...

I like to add all of my 'google twins' as facebook friends. :) There are about 6 of us right now.

April 23, 2008 at 12:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sadly, I do have a google twin. Some girl who is in college softball. The only thing that is funny, when you have a name like Spears, guess who is part of my google search?

April 25, 2008 at 10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home