This Page

has been moved to new address

Get a Guaranteed Safe Return of 6.06% on Your Next Investment

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): Get a Guaranteed Safe Return of 6.06% on Your Next Investment

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Get a Guaranteed Safe Return of 6.06% on Your Next Investment

We all know the stock market absolutely sucks right now. In fact, it sucks so bad, that I haven't even been checking our mutual funds. When you "lose" thousands of dollars every month, it tends to make you feel a little sick inside. But...with that being said, I know the market goes through cycles and 10 to 30 years from now, when we hope to use some of that money, the market WILL be back up again. So, I'm not fretting too much about it. Now's the time to be buying right? Sell high and buy low, right? We have a CD about to become due and with the miserable CD rates out there...thanks subprime mortage mess....the rates being offered by the banks are even less than the inflation rate right now...so what is someone to do? Believe it or not, there is a very safe and legitimate investment out there that'll get you just over a 6% return...and from the government no less. Here's more on it, and if you're gonna spring for it, do it by the end of April.

I'd like to thank Clark Howard, the consumer advocate for this one. We all remember the Series EE savings bonds from our childhood. Remember getting those as Christmas gifts? At least I did...every year like clockwork...still have them.....still barely eeking out a return on them. Have you heard of Series I Bonds? I had never heard of them until listening to this podcast (download it) by Clark Howard. Please be sure to check it out below (from his site):

A lot of savers with idle cash are griping about the low rates on savings accounts and CDs from banks. Well, Clark wants to offer a possible solution. It's been a while since he's talked about Series I savings bonds, which were a fantastic deal in the 1990s up to about 2001. They're a great deal once again if you buy them before the end of April. Over the next 6 months, you'll get a return of 4.28% APY. Beginning in October, the rate will bump up to 6.06% for the following 6 months. That's a very competitive rate. Series I bonds are an unnecessarily complicated product. The "I" stands for inflation, and they're like the cousins of the original savings bonds. I bonds offers a fixed rate of interest for as long as you own them, plus a floating rate based on the rate of inflation. You can own I bonds for a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 30 years. I bonds give you the opportunity to benefit from what's harming you. As high inflation erodes the value of your savings, I bonds give you the rate of inflation and a guaranteed return. That guaranteed return is puny, but earning anything about the rate of inflation on something that's 100% safe is great.

So, there you have it. Thanks Howard. Have you been looking at ways to bump up your portfolio? Or are you just sitting tight or something in between?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also didnt find any of these things negative. But thereare so many things that I miss (and we are going back in October) how about living on the 4th floor in housing and there is no elevator and the laundry room is in the basement.. and you are pregnant, ha! Or how you get to bring food into most places you go (zoos, amusement parks). I loved Germany SO much and it made me smile to read the list. Cant wait to get back!

January 9, 2010 at 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home