This Page

has been moved to new address

There's Nothing Like a German Christmas Market to Start Off the Season

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): There's Nothing Like a German Christmas Market to Start Off the Season

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Monday, November 24, 2008

There's Nothing Like a German Christmas Market to Start Off the Season

It's almost the season. I've seen a Christmas tree or two in the stores already, but that is nothing compared to walking through a German Christmas Market. I love Christmas markets! Many open up this week. And we have all kinds here...from the small 20 vendor markets in a little village tucked in the hills, to the world famous Nuernberger Weihnachtsmarkt and everything in between. Not only do you find all kinds of authentic food vendors, but it is the season of Gluehwein on cold winter nights...and days...and unique Christmas gifts, wooden handcrafted items, Christmas ornaments and decorations and even the German version of "as seen on TV" items. The Christmas Market is a great place for a family outing, and every year we are in Germany, I find myself scouting out new ones. Now you can find them all in one place.

See Weihnachtsmarkt Deutschland for a list of ALL the German markets. Many even have their own websites. Before you go, you can find their operating days and hours, any outside entertainment and festivities as well as vendor information. Be sure to check it out.

Which market is your favorite?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

oh, this is something I SOOOOO miss! We only had one Christmas there, so we didn't get a chance to explore the Weihnachtsmarkts all that much. I wanted to get down to Nürnberg for theirs, but with a not-quite-two year old and a whiny five year old, it was not to be. But I did get to experience the one in Bamberg, where we were stationed, and that was fun! Loved getting a warm cup of Gluhwein to walk around with!

And we got to experience a small-town St. Nikolaus fest in Viereth, just west of Bamberg.

November 24, 2008 at 4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss those so much, it's been 9 years since we were in Germany and just seeing the pictures makes me feel nostalgic. We'll miss the markets this year but we'll be in Stuttgart a few months and ready for next Christmas. Have some gluehwein for me.

November 25, 2008 at 12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home