This Page

has been moved to new address

Ask VMW: Where are the English Speaking Churches near SHAPE?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): Ask VMW: Where are the English Speaking Churches near SHAPE?

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Ask VMW: Where are the English Speaking Churches near SHAPE?

I recently received this question:

Are there any off base American/English speaking Christian churches outside SHAPE or Chievres? 

Of course!  You've already found the chapels affiliated with SHAPE and Chievres by googling them I hope:-)  They also have a facebook page, so be sure to link up with them there.

There are other ones in the area that many Shapians attend.  My sons are doing a lock-in at a chateau with our church next week....that is something different!

We've got:

International Baptist Church in Jurbise

Calvary Baptist Church

And there is also an English speaking church in Waterloo, about 30-40 minutes away (depending on where you live) that has proved popular, Christian Center.

Please know that wherever you are stationed, the religious center on your post will maintain a list of local churches.  You can always contact them, and they'll send you the list as well.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Mrs.H said...

My children are in a youth group called Awana's here in San Diego and I just found out from our leaders that there is an Awana program at the International Baptist Church that you recommended. I'm hoping that having this in Belgium will help my kids adjust to our move.

October 12, 2010 at 4:38 AM  
Blogger ****Veteran Military Wife at Life Lessons of a Military Wife**** said...

Yes, they do have that program. They also participate in the weekly afterschool program with the SHAPE Chapel, ie IBC hosts it once a month I believe with food and activities. It is called Club Beyond
http://www.mcym.org/shape_belguim

We are so consumed with soccer, we have not been able to check out anything else! You will NOT be bored here:-)

October 12, 2010 at 7:13 AM  
Blogger Jessica Tran said...

I happened onto your blog and noticed the question about churches. My family attends the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints located in Nimy (Rue de Postes). We also have programs for children and teenagers.
Jessica Tran

October 12, 2010 at 12:24 PM  
Blogger ****Veteran Military Wife at Life Lessons of a Military Wife**** said...

Thank-you Jessica for adding this resource! If anyone knows of any others, please write them in below:-)

October 12, 2010 at 3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home