This Page

has been moved to new address

Podcast #9 - Travel Tips in Germany (Oberammergau)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): Podcast #9 - Travel Tips in Germany (Oberammergau)

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Podcast #9 - Travel Tips in Germany (Oberammergau)

Join me as I walk down the mountain along a babbling brook.  Rounding the bend in our two hour hike just outside of Oberammergau, Germany, I thought I needed something to keep me going those last few minutes...hence, the podcast!  I share a few tips that are all over the map...literally!

Some of the things I mention in this latest audio podcast:




  • Shopping tips on vacation

  • Visiting the town tourist bureaus

  • What is a "Ferienwohnung" and why you should know this

  • Getting money from German bank ATMs (Sidenote:  You can access many of these foyers by sliding your ATM card thru the card reader at the door after hours)

  • Money Tips Overseas

  • Pool Rules

  • What is FKK?

  • Eating Out Tips

  • How to pay our restaurant bill

  • Why is the butcher so important?

  • The Laberbergbhahn (gondola) in Oberammergau

  • What is a Kurkarte, and why do I need one?

  • The Edelweiss Lodge in Garmisch


  • Random musings I know, but hopefully you can take something out of it!

    Labels:

    3 Comments:

    Anonymous susanna said...

    Great Podcast!!
    Comment about Doner Kebabs are a true Turkish 'thing',minus the tzatziki. Tzatziki is the garlic-cucumber-garlic sauce that belongs to the Greek variation: Gyros (pronounced: Gee-ross)
    YUM!

    August 7, 2011 at 4:39 PM  
    Blogger ****Veteran Military Wife at Life Lessons of a Military Wife**** said...

    I just can't help myself Susanna after growing up with Gyros in the 80s...I call all the white sauces "tzatziki sauce"....either thing is SO good!!!

    August 7, 2011 at 5:23 PM  
    Anonymous Sam said...

    I spent three months at the Marshall Center in Garmisch...I love that area! Thanks for brightening my day with memories (and of course wonderful tips!).

    August 8, 2011 at 5:31 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home