This Page

has been moved to new address

Have you joined me on Facebook yet?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): Have you joined me on Facebook yet?

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Have you joined me on Facebook yet?

In front of Linderhof Schloss yesterday.
Hello all....well, I've discarded yet another new blog design.  My father keeps telling me to take the time now to make sure it's exactly what I want...but of course I want things....NOW...or yesterday.  You know how it goes.  So, in the meantime, while I dicker around with something I don't know much about and drive myself more into some kind of newfound frustration when I should be on vacation...and now Oh Lord, I'm rhyming...never a good sign....I'll have to leave you with something in the interim!  I wanted to ask if you are on Facebook?

I know there may be a few of you (like I used to be) resistant to even be on Facebook.  Others may not have ventured that way.  In the interest of continuing what we talk about here...and discuss...we have some tips being bantered back and forth on the Life Lessons of a Military Wife Facebook page.  How much should you be tipping in Germany?  Especially hairdressers?  How about using those VAT forms to get huge discounts on your lodging, not just on your travels later but also after your fresh arrival in Germany.  It's extra money in your pocket!  A friend is also having trouble registering her car now that she's stateside...find out an easy way to avoid this on the Facebook page.

And the best part?  Is in the bottom left, you should see all the other great military spouse, travel and other interesting Facebook Groups I have subscribed to.  There are some really great support groups and groups that can help you with any question you may have under the sun.  There are even pages supported by the different military support elements as well, so get an official answer without messing with email and putting your personal information out there.  Even the military paycheck people, DFAS, have a Facebook page.

Anyway, thought I would throw that out there!  We are still "vacationing" down in Bavaria with an internet connection that is more fickle than I ever was when I was younger....yes, it's that bad...and frustrating!  I'm working on a map of fun things to do in the Garmisch/Oberammergau area..not the typical stuff that the Edelweiss giftshop/tour people recommend but other stuff too...I'll let you know when that's online.  The kids are determined to swim in every Alpine Lake in the area...me, typical mom holds her breath as they dive down and don't appear for awhile...some of these lakes are DEEP and murky.  Many do have nice beaches and docks, along with cafes and restaurants....entry to the swimming area for nominal fees, so it's not like you are totally out there in the wilderness!  There are also plenty of hiking and biking trails radiating out in all directions...something for everyone!

I hope everyone is able to take some time off this summer and is enjoying family time as well!  See you next week when I have a better connection online and look for me to hopefully say something useful next week over at Military Moms Talk Radio!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home