This Page

has been moved to new address

New Bible Helps Spouses of Deployed Soldiers Cope

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): New Bible Helps Spouses of Deployed Soldiers Cope

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Monday, August 27, 2007

New Bible Helps Spouses of Deployed Soldiers Cope


A friend of mine just emailed me about this new Bible made especially for the spouses of deployed soldiers. Read below to see why this Bible is different than others, and why it is something that can really help you out in your time of greatest need!

I'll have to provide a more in-depth review when I can get my hands on a copy, but until then, I have read some of the other editorial reviews online, and it looks like it can be a good resource. The cost is only $3.99

Military Families Get Help for Victory on the Home Front

IBS-STL releases new Bible edition for military families

Colorado Springs, CO (August 23, 2007)—IBS-STL U.S. released a new Bible edition to help spouses of deployed soldiers with the challenges at home. This Bible, titled Finding Hope Beyond the Battle, was released August 22, 2007 at the IBS-STL office in Colorado Springs.

The military family Bible fills a long-standing need that Lorrie Pies, wife of an Army soldier, understands all too well: “Military service is always a family experience, not just the soldier’s job. Like many spouses left at home, I’ve battled depression, loneliness, anger, and other emotions while trying to deal with the challenges of daily life. This Bible helps me know I’m not the only spouse who struggles with life in the military. Finding Hope Beyond the Battle is a timely help for winning these battles and strengthening me to care for my family. It guides me to God, the source of hope and help.”

Military spouse Jennifer Dale also relates. “This particular Bible gives me hope,” she said. “It tells me that there are others in the same boat as me who can only rely on the utmost hope, Jesus Christ. He comforts me when I am lonely or discouraged. He sees my husband on the battlefield and at the same time keeps His eyes on the children and me here at home.”

For those in unexpected marital conflict after the long deployments end, this Bible leads the reader to remember God’s faithfulness and draw upon His power to restore relationships.

Finding Hope Beyond the Battle is a New International Version special-edition Bible with 13 additional color pages of stories from 12 wives and one husband left at home. The stories show the pain, sorrow, anger, and other fiery emotions spouses felt and how God faithfully demonstrated His control in each situation. These include difficult good-byes, fears of loss, loneliness at holidays, anniversaries, and birthdays, waiting for phone calls, child-birth and life threatening diseases, and crying alone at night. In Lorrie’s words, “Real catastrophes were transformed into beautiful pictures of hope and trust in the Lord.” Every story guides readers into God’s Word and His presence and power in our lives.

Chuck Adams, retired Army chaplain and Director of Military Ministries for IBS-STL U.S., showed preview copies to chaplains. ‘The reception has been one of great excitement and enthusiasm,” Adams reported.

Starting today, 55,000 copies from the first printing, covered by donations, will be distributed free through military chaplains to families of deployed troops. Donations through www.ibsministry.org help IBS-STL provide more chaplains with copies of Finding Hope Beyond the Battle. For more information about the Bible, go to www.ibs.org/bibles/militaryfamily .

.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was given a copy of this wonderful compilation of inspiration by Kevin Pies' mother when my friend and neighbor, Lorrie Pies, was battling breast cancer. Lorrie and I met on the sidewalk 4+ years ago as we went to fetch our mail. Michael, my husband and an Army soldier, and I had just moved off of Ft. Carson after he came home from Iraq. There would be many meetings and chats over the fence, at the mailbox and the thing I remember the most was her grace, intelligence, kindness, compassion and passion for living. Lorrie was and will always be a special inspiration to me because she really did live her life to the fullest and helped others to meet life's challenges head-on. Despite fighting a battle that to this day, as I watch her family assist her into an ambulance bound for the hospital - September 13, 2008 -
and get into their cars to follow,has worked to take her from her family and friends yet still, Lorrie has taught me more about grace and strength. To honor the privacy of my friend and her family, I sat on my porch and am watchful in prayer for Kevin, Victoria, their son, their relatives but mostly for my neighbor friend, Lorrie, who was always there to remind everyone that there is always room for prayer and that there would always be someone who would listen if you prayed. Well, Lorrie, I am praying and this is especially for you:

Dear Father, in this sime of suffering, may your presence be made known. Help me to rely on your Word for direction, as I know Lorrie has, always. May your Spirit calm this storm and provide rest for Lorrie and her family. And, may you please take my friend and heal her to prepare her for her journey out of pain and into a world of possibilities without suffering.

Bless you my neighbor and my friend, I shall be inspired to complete my Ph.D. because of the strength you have shown me, the support you have given me to help me meet my own father's needs in his battle with Leukemia, and the prayers I knew you were giving in support of me and Michael.

I love you, Lorrie, and will be here if ever your family needs me or Michael...all they have to do is ask. Our prayers will always be there for you and your family for what you have given for so many.

Bless you, Lorrie...you have had and will always have my prayers.

Thank you for everything, especially for sharing your faith!

Love, Hugs and Smiles,
Heidi Marie Connor and
SSGT Michael Connor, USAFR and 8.5 year US Army Veteran, and Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran.

September 14, 2008 at 5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home