This Page

has been moved to new address

My Last Daily Post - the Moving Train is About Ready to Leave the Station

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): My Last Daily Post - the Moving Train is About Ready to Leave the Station

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Friday, May 23, 2008

My Last Daily Post - the Moving Train is About Ready to Leave the Station

Ahhh the routine. I love getting on the internet, early in the morning with my cup of morning tea, while everyone else is still asleep. It is my time for me alone. I even love that I have a signal to get off the internet and my blog, should I be inclined to linger too long...my kids' alarm clock. Well, my house is finally turning into a shambles of piles and packed-up items and things not where they belong. The time has finally arrived, and we are off to moving overseas...to Germany to be exact. This will be my last daily weekday post until about August, when I will hopefully, be set-up in our new home on-post....stairwell living, here I come! I will try to post when I can...either from hubby's laptop or wherever I can snag some internet time. We all know this is more wishful thinking than reality...I'm going to miss my time on here, but I am surely going to try to stop by and at least say hello...you can bet there will be some snafus and not-so-normal-behavior on this trip. But we do what we gotta do..in this case, move our household and drag along two rambunctious boys, a cat terrified of his own shadow and a dog who, on any given day is attached to me like a piece of Velcro...what a menagerie! See you all soon! If you have any good tips to share for someone in my shoes, I'd love to hear them! Please also be sure to stop by Army Wife Talk Radio next Monday. I have been asked to be a guest on the show, along with a moving expert I believe...hopefully, we can share some good tips on moving and PCSing. Be sure to call in and give us some of your insight. See you all on the other side!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger tootie said...

Good luck with your move! I'm excited for you that you'll be in Germany. I can't wait to hear about your experiences there.

May 23, 2008 at 5:39 PM  
Blogger TJ said...

jealous that you get to go to germany!!! i really miss being there. and if you have good neighbors, stairwell living isn't too terrible.:)

May 24, 2008 at 3:48 PM  
Blogger ****Veteran Military Wife at Life Lessons of a Military Wife**** said...

Thank you for all your well wishes! I already have more fodder than I would like to blog about...I just purchased my third dog crate..and we only have one dog!

May 24, 2008 at 3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you have a safe and happy trip. I look forward to August.
Good luck, Carol

May 25, 2008 at 1:26 AM  
Blogger Anja said...

I found your page by conincidence.
Anyhow, I wish you and your family a happy time in Germany.

In case you have any questions, feel free to contact me since I am German and also do live in Germany.

Greetings from NRW in Germany

Anja

May 25, 2008 at 9:44 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

Just came upon your blog. I'm in Germany, going on 3 yrs now and looks like we'll most likely being staying at our small post in Bavaria for another 3 yrs! We love it here. Not sure where you're going, but you should have internet access at either your Community Activities Center or post Library (and free!).

July 1, 2008 at 2:57 AM  
Blogger ****Veteran Military Wife at Life Lessons of a Military Wife**** said...

We're in Stuttgart now. We're lucky that our hotel has an unlimited internet package, so when I can get the time, I take advantage of that! The kids have already discovered the library..nice that they have internet access there, as well as our USO (and Wii and Xbox)...

July 1, 2008 at 7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home