This Page

has been moved to new address

The Wild West: Siphoning Gas Out of Your Car's Tank

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): The Wild West: Siphoning Gas Out of Your Car's Tank

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Wild West: Siphoning Gas Out of Your Car's Tank

I guess it has finally gotten to that point. People are getting desperate with the high gas prices. My neighbor's boss filled up his truck with gas yesterday, went to work, came out for lunch....and no gas. Someone had siphoned off his freshly-bought gas. I don't know how rampant this is or if this is just an isolated incident, but I just wanted to pass that on so everyone was aware of what could happen. Check your gas cap today. If it doesn't lock, get with your car's manufacturer and see if you can get it replaced with a cap that does lock. If anyone has any other tips, please do pass them on. I read an article yesterday on easy ways to save gas. You can find it here.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friend had that happen to her 2 weeks ago. $50 fill-up at night and the next morning it was on E. Crazy that it's happening in the open during daylight hours as well. What's next?!

May 22, 2008 at 3:46 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

We are blessed to have a garage, so the cars are locked up at night. My hubby's been gone for several days and his car is parked at his office...I think I will have to go check to be sure he's not been robbed (though it IS on post...)

We don't have locking gas caps or doors, but we do have only the internal release...guess that's not safe enough, though....

May 22, 2008 at 5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard stories from back in the 70's where people started flooding the parts stores requesting locking caps only to have the crooks start prying them off doing much more costly damage than stealing the gas. Some had to have some paint work done. Others had to replace their gas tanks because the nozzle receiver was so damaged. I'd recommend keeping the tank not so full unless and until your ready for that long trip, parking in well lit areas whenever possible, keeping a peeled eye on the car. I drive one of those gas pigs with four doors and a long bed. When the tank is low, the pump cuts off at a $100 before the tank is full. $100 bucks!! no wonder crooks are siphoning it out.

June 28, 2008 at 5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home