This Page

has been moved to new address

Great Toddler Game - Look for the Clues

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): Great Toddler Game - Look for the Clues

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Friday, August 8, 2008

Great Toddler Game - Look for the Clues

I somehow came across an old video of my then two year old son, running through the house, pointing here and there. After a closer look, I realized he was playing "find the pawprint"! I just asked him about it...and you know he is 10 now, and he STILL remembers this little game. It was a favorite of ours, didn't require any store bought junk, required little effort (thinking) on my part and resulted in huge joy and hand clapping on his part. If you've got a toddler, and you'd like to keep him busy....wherever you go, cause this game is very portable, follow along with me.

The gist of this game is a seek and find exercise that gives your little one's brain a nice workout, burns off some excess energy and gets you moving in the right direction when things are boring, tense or just not happenin' for either of you.

You'll need:

  • Three Blue's Clues Pawprints, which you can print off on blue paper (or color blue), cut out and prep on the back with double sided or a looped piece of tape.
How to play the game:

  • Tell your child you're going to play "Find Blue's Clues!"
  • Go into another room (or throughout the house) and quickly stick up each pawprint in a different location
  • Get your child and ask him/her to find the pawprints
  • It helps to sing the little Blues Clues song too
I am still amazed at how excited my son got when he found each clue. He wanted to play the game over and over again until I could distract him with the next activity.

Try it out and let me know how your child likes it. Also, if you have any other toddler-friendly games that your child really likes, let's hear about it!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Thats a great idea of a game for a 2 yo. Except for my daughter I will have to change to find Hello Kittys Prints... She is obsessed, thanks!

August 8, 2008 at 6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home