This Page

has been moved to new address

Overheard and Overseen

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): Overheard and Overseen

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Friday, September 19, 2008

Overheard and Overseen

Have you ever walked by a conversation and heard a snippet that made your brain skip a few beats? Or that gave you a good laugh. How about finding a piece of paper blowing around. I know I recently found a little piece of notepaper stuck to my car door...it was a windy day, and it was just plastered there. You know, I couldn't just crumple it up without looking at what it said. It was just a note that someone had put on someone's car to call them...nothing earth shattering. What is it about the human condition that we are so nosy. I'm just going to admit it right here. I honestly can't help myself sometimes. If you tend to overhear conversations in passing or look at little notes that cross your path, you're going to enjoy the time wasters below!

Overheard in New York - Now I haven't been to New York since I was a very little girl, so I have no memory of what it must be like. I envision this metropolitan place, where you can get just about anything, and be confronted with a sea of humanity from all over the world. This blog absolutely cracks me up...some of it can be raunchy, but some of it is downright funny.

Post Secret - This blog is actually quite depressing, so I don't visit it too often. The gist is that people send postcards to this blogger with their deepest...and sometimes, darkest...thoughts and confessions. It just makes me feel sorry for people mostly, although you can find some lighter fare too. This guy has also made a ton of money putting these postcards into books.

Found: The Best, Lost, Tossed & Forgotten - This is a book, although I think it stemmed from a magazine. These guys just started collecting notes that were cast off, whether on purpose or not. Think....shopping lists, love notes, notes on people's doors or cars and that kind of thing. Some are truly bizarre. I remember one note that had a typical laundry list of things to do, and oh BTW, one of the things on the list was also to kill someone...huh? There is amazingly enough a second book too.

Do you know of any other books or websites that follow along with this theme?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how voyeuristic! I think it is human nature to overhear and oversea that stuff.

September 20, 2008 at 12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm from NYC, living in Germany now too. That one site is so true! Iused to hear stuff like that all the time.

September 22, 2008 at 2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Recommendation: http://www.grocerylists.org/

This site is also a hoot and I think you and your readers will enjoy it!

September 22, 2008 at 2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home