This Page

has been moved to new address

Why No One is Calling You to Set Up an Interview

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): Why No One is Calling You to Set Up an Interview

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Monday, October 27, 2008

Why No One is Calling You to Set Up an Interview

I have been happily working at my new job for a few weeks now. One observation in my job...I deal with everything from the highly educated, to those who can't figure out where or even what is going on in their lives....yes, it can be sad. In light of that, someone recently sent me this, and I've found it both hilarious...and yes, inevitably sad.

Go to

Not Hired

I sometimes find it hard to believe that people will write such crappy resumes, cover letters, help seeking ads and the like, but then I remind myself, that most of the people I do hang out with have at least an average level of intelligence. Apparently, many people out there do not. Now, I am not advocating making fun of anyone. I am not the sharpest tool in the shed myself. Believe it or not, I suffered a fall from a horse in my teens and had to learn my 'rithmetic all over from scratch...yes, I did...the mind is a difficult thing to understand but look how quick it recovers I tell everyone? I jammed about 15 years of learning into two...anyhow, back to the story.

Here's an excerpt from today's posting:

"Can someone please kick the cr*p of me tonight. Just tell me time and place. I will be wearing a red parka".

That was posted on Craig's List and then pasted to Not Hired.

What experiences have you had...either coming or going on a job interview?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

I interview students for university admissions and here are some of the gems I've experienced. As it is a top university you would expect the kids to be pretty smart. Anyway...

1. I want to major in business! (University doesn't have that major)
2. I'm only appling because the football coach told me to.
3. One student's cell phone kept ringing. I'm not an ogre so the first time I just let it go, but he didn't turn it off after the first time so it kept ringing!
4. Kids just not showing up or calling.

That's all for now, but it makes you wonder!

October 27, 2008 at 12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

November 22, 2009 at 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home