This Page

has been moved to new address

Accidental Discoveries & My New Invention

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): Accidental Discoveries & My New Invention

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Friday, October 17, 2008

Accidental Discoveries & My New Invention

Do you ever wonder about the everyday products you use? Do you ever dream up things yourself? For some reason, I am always looking for a more streamlined way to do something. I always say....and very proudly too...that I dreamed up the idea of electric socks...my feet always got cold skiing when I was a kid, but someone got it to market before I did...and also a bottle with a double chamber, so when I clean...I have both glass cleaner and the other cleaner in the same bottle...but I looked that up on US Patents and someone already invented and patented it...there are a few more too. So anyway, since I know I am not going to pursue this, I just thought of a way to never pick up doggie doo again.

Yes, we have a doggie and a big one. Big doggies have big doo doo...there's no way around that. And our doggie has the strange habit of walking and doo doing....at the same time. Picking up his stuff is always like an Easter Egg hunt. So then I thought...how could I get his stuff in a bag before it touches the ground? How about a thin telescoping pole...it can double as a walking stick somehow! It would have some kind of loop and bag contraption on the end. As the dog squats, you hold it "under there". Once collection is complete, you pull some kind of switch on your stick and it seals the tops. There would also be some kind of release catch, so when you hold it over the trash or dumpster, it would release. There would be no touching and your stick would still be clean. You could close it back up and continue on your walk.

Do you have an idea you think would work? I'm not talking doggie doo...just with anything from your daily life. I had fun looking at these accidental discoveries. Now those were interesting to read. Check out this list of the top 10 inventions of all time or how about the 10 oddest inventions ever invented. If you've got an idea, go to US Patents and do a search. I'm amazed at what you can find here...and what people take the time to patent. Hey look it's the Roomba! Here's a basketball hoop and backboard for a trampoline. Most of the records also have a line drawing or image. Please share your ideas or your favorites.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

I haven't invented anything myself, but some friends of ours (active duty Army) have, like you, been thinking of the doggie doo thing too, and came up with an invention they're just introducing. Not sure if I'm allowed to post this link, but it's: http://www.portapoo.com/ I guess you still have to pick it up, though.

October 17, 2008 at 2:09 PM  
Blogger Penelope said...

I just checked out the website www.portapoo.com and I think it is a great gadget. I immediately sent an email with the link to all my friends and als my dad (a veterinarian in Belgium). I think it has great potential, especially in countries like Belgium where public trash cans are very hard to find. Thanks for sharing the information!

October 17, 2008 at 6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home